What are y'all eatin in the field?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are y'all eatin in the field?

What's everyone's favorite deer camp meals? I'm headin out this weekend and looking to get some new ideas and try something different. Usually just bring some oatmeal packets and protein shake for breakfast. If it falls on a cheat day then a can or two of corned beef hash. Either canned chicken or tuna and some spinach and hard boiled eggs for lunch. Protein shakes for throughout the day along with beef jerky and those little tuna packets the creations ones or whatever they're called. Dinner usually grill up some chicken or steak. Carne Asada tacos on some soft tortillas if I'm feelin fancy haha. Don't have a kitchen or lodge. Just sleepin in the bed of the truck and cookin on a little grill or campfire.

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
    What's everyone's favorite deer camp meals? I'm headin out this weekend and looking to get some new ideas and try something different. Usually just bring some oatmeal packets and protein shake for breakfast. If it falls on a cheat day then a can or two of corned beef hash. Either canned chicken or tuna and some spinach and hard boiled eggs for lunch. Protein shakes for throughout the day along with beef jerky and those little tuna packets the creations ones or whatever they're called. Dinner usually grill up some chicken or steak. Carne Asada tacos on some soft tortillas if I'm feelin fancy haha. Don't have a kitchen or lodge. Just sleepin in the bed of the truck and cookin on a little grill or campfire.
    I like to make deer camp biscuits before I go. Get a can of biscuits, separate, flatten them out, cook meat sausage or ground beef, put in biscuit, add chees, jalapeƱos, and onion. Put a biscuit on top and press edges together. Bake at biscuit directions. Mmmmm good groceries.

Comment

When I go by my self I just make sandwiches

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
        Thats how I roll also! Sep you forgot the beer.

Comment

Fried deer heart

Comment

Normally grilled anything, steaks or chicken fajitas mostly, wraps for lunch...other than that, just sandwiches.

Comment

Not us. We grill up fajitas, steaks and sausage. Lots of it. Snack off the left overs the next day and usually run in to town for some good Mexican food at Peppers or the Burger Barn in Hebbronville at leasr once for dinner during our stay. We eat better at camp than we do at home.

Comment

Comment

Weekend menu

..dove poppers and duck gumbo for Friday night

Eggs and tortilla with multiple fixins for campfire bfast on Saturday morning after hunt

Time to pull the pork butt off smoker for late lunch sliders

Dinner plans are to pick at crock pot pork butt with tortillas and fixins Saturday night after hunt and game processing

Sunday after hunt brunch with all left overs thrown in with eggs

Not to forget a brew or two, governers smile coffee, and a nice whiskey fire side each night, to toast good friends and times

Good hunting to all

TD

Comment

Originally posted by tyak View Post

What kind of sauce is that? It looks good

Comment

Comment

Redfish dip!

Couple pounds of cooked fish (1 redfish), 1 brick of cream cheese, 2-3 jalapenos, half an onion, 3-4 chives, couple cloves of garlic, a squeezed lime, and a few good shakes of frank's hot sauce. Chop it, mix it, serve it warm. Makes alot, but it goes QUICK!

Comment

This is what we had Saturday night.
                          Lobster tails , fried catfish , fried shrimp , with homemade cocktail sauce and tarter sauce.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                            Not us. We grill up fajitas, steaks and sausage. Lots of it. Snack off the left overs the next day and usually run in to town for some good Mexican food at Peppers or the Burger Barn in Hebbronville at leasr once for dinner during our stay. We eat better at camp than we do at home.
                            Us too! We eat better at the deer lease. Usually steaks, chicken, sausage. Breakfast is the best after the morning hunt! And there is usually a trip to the Steak House in Zapata!

Comment

Grilled pork steaks with some german potatoes and beans

Comment

Working...
                              X