Wild hog rib tricks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wild hog rib tricks

I can smoke regular ribs without any trouble. I just got my first hog and I have to racks of ribs ready to smoke this weekend. Are there any tricks to keeping them moist and juicy? I usually just rub them and smoke them 225-250 until they're done. I've never wrapped them but I'm not opposed to it. Thanks for the help.

Lost of people spray them with apple juice during cooking.

Comment

i personally like the wild hogs ribs to be "fall off the bone"...and yes...I would wrap.

but use same technique...mustard, pork rib rub of your choice or your own made, and 225-250 for a few hours..not to long...those ribs don't have a lot of meat on them...well at least the lil piggies that I have shot...they got lil ribs.

Comment

Post some pics!!

Comment

I'd like to but I don't know how to post pics on here. When I try to insert and image it asks for a url address.

Comment

Can we get some pics?

Comment

http://amazingribs.com/recipes/porkn...ribs_ever.html

This dude lives in Chicago but has an unbelievable website. After cooking ribs this way I can't hardly eat them in a BBQ joint anymore.

Comment

Well, I am not the cook, I am the eater. But last year I put down a few hogs and a buddy cooked some ribs that equaled the baby back ribs you get at Chili's.

I asked the secret and it is this: boil the ribs for about forty minutes, with some kind of seasoning, onions, whatever, and then put them on the pit for about another forty minutes with your bbq sauce.

Dang falling off the bone good.

Comment

Here she is. I'll post some of the final cooked product after the weekend.

Comment

I love eatin' me some wild hog yea

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyAg97 View Post
                      http://amazingribs.com/recipes/porkn...ribs_ever.html

This dude lives in Chicago but has an unbelievable website. After cooking ribs this way I can't hardly eat them in a BBQ joint anymore.
                      If you boil ribs the terrorists win

"Do not eat the meat raw or boiled in water, but roast it over a fire." Exodus 12:9

best quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I am not the cook, I am the eater. But last year I put down a few hogs and a buddy cooked some ribs that equaled the baby back ribs you get at Chili's.

I asked the secret and it is this: boil the ribs for about forty minutes, with some kind of seasoning, onions, whatever, and then put them on the pit for about another forty minutes with your bbq sauce.

Dang falling off the bone good.
                      Your buddy is now a terrorist
                      Last edited by dhillis; 10-10-2014, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X