Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feral Hog Sausage Recipe anyone???

I am looking for a good recipe for Feral Hog. Any thoughts or comments

I'd use your favorite sausage recipe, trim the fat from the feral and use back fat for fat content.

Comment

Look in the recipe section here. Look for" mesquite country "sausage post.( His posts should be up top, I just went there and put them ttt for ya) They are great recipes, you can use them as a guide and adjust as needed to fit your likes.

Comment

This is a great one! Shoot feral hog, throw it in a ditch. Drive to store, buy Owens Country Sausage, fry it up with some eggs and biscuits. MMMMMMMMM! Just kidding. The best pork loin I ever had came from a hog I shot a few years back. I would keep it on fresh ice for a week to bleed out and loose the gamey flavor. Go to an Asian market and get enough pork belly to grind with the feral pork on a 2 lbs. feral to 1 lb. pork belly. Mix with some salt, pepper, and lots of sage. Add crushed red pepper if you like it hot. Grind at least once more, bag, and freeze. Breakfast sausage is easy.

Comment

I used mesquitecountry's recipe and added jalapenos. Turned out GREAT!

Comment

Working...
          X