Unsweet Pork Rub - Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unsweet Pork Rub - Need Help

My brother and I have this weird genetic thing which means we can't take the taste of anything sweet no matter whether it's natural or not. I've taken a few hog backstraps & ribs over the past season, but have never been happy with the rub or gravy I ended up using. The rubs all seem to have something sweet about them. Anyone know a good dry rub for pork (over the counter, or home recipe) that's completely savory & unsweet?

Use something similar to a Tony's. Whenever I do ribs I start with a rub that has a kick to it similar to that. You can always just experiment with different spices too.

Comment

I have diabetes so trying to avoid all the sugar I can, the Mrs. found a product called "Ralphs Texas style venison deer seasoning".
      Sugar is not listed on the list of ingredients at all. we use it regularly on pork and quite happy with the results. Seems like she gets it at "brookshires"
      Beef on the other hand, not so much,

Comment

Keep it simple

Apply very generous amounts of fresh cracked black peppercorns, minced garlic from a jar,& some chopped green onions, with a little cayenne pepper for heat.

Put in a large ziplock & let set overnight if possible.

Brush on land o lakes real butter every now and then while on the pit.

Comment

Salt pepper cayenne and garlic onion powder

Comment

Salt, pepper, and garlic is called a Santa Maria rub. It's pretty good. Cavender's Greek Seasoning is good too.

LWD

Comment

Working...
            X