Axis steak marinades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axis steak marinades?

Thought yall might want to shares some axis steak or venison steak marinades. Here is one I got from a buddy. Comes out real good.

1/2 cup olive oil
    1/2 cup of tequilla (more if desired)
    2 tsp of each:
    salt
    sugar
    chipotle tabasco
    oregano
    chili powder
    garlic powder
    1/4 cup of lime juice
    place meat in a ziplock. mix ingredients. pour over meat. keep in fridge overnight. cook on the grill.

Anyone else like to share your favorites?

I do just salt pepper and olive oil! Cook medium rare and its perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by spotsanddots View Post
      Thought yall might want to shares some axis steak or venison steak marinades. Here is one I got from a buddy. Comes out real good.

1/2 cup olive oil
      1/2 cup of tequilla (more if desired)
      2 tsp of each:
      salt
      sugar
      chipotle tabasco
      oregano
      chili powder
      garlic powder
      1/4 cup of lime juice
      place meat in a ziplock. mix ingredients. pour over meat. keep in fridge overnight. cook on the grill.

Anyone else like to share your favorites?
      Heck i dont have any spotted meat but will sure try this with good ol whitetail
      thanks for sharing the recipe

Comment

sounds good, may try it for some change

normally, i like to keep it simple and enjoy the flavor of axis

Comment

no need to marinade axis.... your just masking the succulent flavor and melt in your mouth taste

simple as olive oil, sprinkle of salt, fresh cracked black peppercorn ... season at room temp. , grill over hot coals

Comment

I just like trying different stuff. Eat so much venison or axis that we get tired of fixing it the same ol ways all the time. Marinaded some deer steaks in olive oil, woestershire sauce, onion and some brown sugar the other night. Grilled it. Gave it sort of a sweet flavor.
            Shoot some of y'all's ideas out.

Comment

cajun blake, where can i get some ragin blaze? is there a store that carries it or do i need to order it off the web site? ive read a lot of guys on here love it. like to get my hands on some.

Comment

Originally posted by spotsanddots View Post
                cajun blake, where can i get some ragin blaze? is there a store that carries it or do i need to order it off the web site? ive read a lot of guys on here love it. like to get my hands on some.
                website

Ragin Blaze, Cajun Seasonings with a Southwest Flare - Shrimp, Crawfish, Crab, Fajita and Chili seasonings shipped to your door. Made from only the freshest ingredients!

Comment

axis steak need NO marinade and are the best meat I've ever had just unpackage and throw on the grill cooked on a super hot coals to med rare! Just had some tonight along with axis chicken fry.

Comment

Working...
                  X