Venison Crock-Pot Recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venison Crock-Pot Recipe?

I'm sure these have been posted before, but anyone have a recipe for the crock-pot? Also, I always "treat" my venison cuts before cooking, do I need to do the same if cooking for several hours? Thanks in advance!

No, we season the roast or cubed tips with garlic powder, Blaze, and Cavendars then toss in flour to brown. Put in crock pot with water, onions and garlic cloves. We serve ours with brown rice and brown gravy since the hubby doesn't like carrots and potatoes.

Comment

Here is what I put in mine for a deer roast. My wife, kids and me all love it. I put some potatoes and carrots in there as well. I usually only put around 3/4 of the sprite in there (just cause I am thirsty). The onion mix has two packages in there. I only put in one.
      Last edited by BradBryant1000; 10-27-2014, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Also I never do anything with the roast itself other than thaw it out and then put it directly in the crockpot along with the ingredients from my previous post to cook. Turns out good.

I will look to see if I have any pictures of how it looks when it is done.

Comment

THANKS for the posts Folkes!

Comment

looks good

Comment

gotta try that

Comment

I made an elk roast a while back. 4# roast (thawed & rinsed well), (1) medium onion sliced up, (2) jalapenos chopped up, can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup, black pepper, sea salt. Let it do it's thing on low over night. Woke up to an amazing smell and more amazing tasting roast. Was great shredded and spooned over garlic, skins-on mashed potatoes.

Comment

Working...
                X