New Mexico chili powder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Mexico chili powder

In case any one is looking for something a lil different in your enchilada sauce and other recipes. I ran across this sun dried Hatch chili powder a few weeks ago and this stuff is da bomb! I ordered the medium and the mild.
    Great stuff for enchaladas or carne avodado.

Thanks for the link. It looks like they have all kinds of stuff I need.

Comment

oh man........that sounds gooooooood.

Comment

agreed
        oh man........that sounds gooooooood.

Comment

At least once a year, my parents would take a slight (read huge) detour through Chimayo valley, just to get chili powder and ristras, on the way to Colorado.

You knew it was serious when the old Hispanic woman put on gloves and a face mask, before she opened the barrel of powder.

Comment

Just in case ya have never tried this....

Ya HAVE to try the mild or medium just once before ya die.

It has an amazing flavor....different from our TX. chili

Order a 1 lb. pkg. You wont regret it.

There is a recipe for chili Colorado on the pkg. Make it jes like it says ,it comes out thick and a orange red color. Then there are lots of things to do with it.

Comment

good,thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Dad View Post
                Ya HAVE to try the mild or medium just once before ya die.

It has an amazing flavor....different from our TX. chili

Order a 1 lb. pkg. You wont regret it.

There is a recipe for chili Colorado on the pkg. Make it jes like it says ,it comes out thick and a orange red color. Then there are lots of things to do with it.
                Having grown up in NM, just south of Hatch. I can wholeheartedly agree with the above! I still have quite a few kin folk back home so I can get my stuff shipped pretty regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by JEG8233 View Post
                  Having grown up in NM, just south of Hatch. I can wholeheartedly agree with the above! I still have quite a few kin folk back home so I can get my stuff shipped pretty regularly.
                  Where did you grow up in NM? I grew up not far away in Playas/Animas area.

Comment

Working...
                  X