hog recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hog recipes

I am going hog hunting in a couple of weeks and am looking for some breakfast sausage and brat recipes. I usually smoke the hams and loins for summer get togethers, but I hate the shoulder meat on bigger hogs. Looking for great recipes for breakfast sausage, brats and hog ribs. I suck at ribs for some reason. Any other recipes I should consider while processing this thing please let me know.

Really, all you Texans and no pork sausage recipes, lol just kidding

Comment

Here are some/several options to look at.

Comment

Carnitas

Comment

Cook those shoulders and hams in a roasting pan low & slow in nothing but Dr. Pepper until it falls apart.. Youll be glad you did.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of all pork sausages. I have really enjoyed the 60-70% venison versions and to be honest, I still use LEM seasonings for my Brats, breakfast sausage, etc.

What I did with the hog I killed was make boudin! Boudin with wild hog is amazing and actually really easy to do if you have all the proper gear to make sausage. There are lots of recipes, but I like to use the one that comes from AlliedKenco.co (they use Zach's - a local seasoning company.)

I just cut up the hog, cook it slowly in water, let it cool, send it through the grinder and mix with steamed cooked rice that has also been cooled. Mix with the stock water/seasoning and then stuff into hog casings.

Comment

looks good..

Comment

take a trimmed portion of ham, maybe 2lbs., salt n pepper, roll it in flour, more spice if desired, brown in hot oil on all sides a few minutes, then put in a crockpot with potatoes and onions. cook on low for 4-5 hrs, add some carrots, then a 2 hour nap till dinner time... simple, fall-apart pork roast. delicious.

Comment

chorizo

Comment

Working...
                  X