Beef Tri-Tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef Tri-Tip

First time I've cooked one of these and it turned out great. Rubbed in high temp olive oil and seasoned it with coarse ground black pepper, sea salt and garlic powder. Seared both sides then wrapped in foil.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

That looks delicious

Comment

That's absolutely perfect. Not overcooked at all but with a nice charred outside.

LWD

Comment

Looks good

Comment

First time I had one was in California, it's their form of brisket, but they cook it like a steak, because it is, sirloin to be exact. It's good if you like rare, which i do, but folks who want well done/medium well.....thirty ain't gonna like it. I've done a few, but my family is tough, Mom won't touch it unless it's DONE, and dad wants medium well. My oldest brother and i are the only ones who like our steaks anything less than medium well....and we like rare +, which is just past rare, not cold in the middle anymore, but still red as raw meat.

Comment

looks delicious.

Comment

I end up cooking about 100 prime sirloins every year, mostly for corporate dove hunts. When I have the butcher cut them, I go 2.25 inches and always as to be cut from the big end. I then cut the tri off the steak before it goes on the grill. They each end up about 3/4 lbs and all go home with Daddy. Prime tri tip is incredibly hard to beat. Tender as a fillet but maintains enough fat for flavor and moisture.

*** Just saw Fireguy's post. Absolutely correct. Go over med rare and you have a tough piece of meat.

Comment

Looks great. That sounds really easy too

Comment

Looks great! How hot and how long did you have it in foil?

Comment

A friend of mine moved here from California and couldn't find Tri Tip steak. When he finally found some at Costco and cooked it, they were awesome. Great steak.

Comment

You dont hear much about Tri Tip but good tri tip is hard to beat. Looks like you did good on that one!

Comment

Looks like you could cut it with a fork.

Comment

I cook a lot of tri-tip, you did it right

this is a very good seasoning I use on tri-tip...

Comment

Originally posted by cookemerkel View Post
                            Looks great! How hot and how long did you have it in foil?
                            Had it in foil for 15 to 20 minutes on the cool end of the grill.

Comment

Is this a cut you typically have to ask the butcher for?

Comment

Working...
                              X