Smoked hamburgers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked hamburgers?

I have a friend that smokes all his meats. steaks, hamburger, even hot dogs...

Anyone smoke instead of Grill?

I have done burgers and they taste great

Comment

Love me some Smoked burgers!!

Comment

Smoked burgers are G DOUBLE O D!!!

Comment

I cook my burgers low and slow. I like to have that nice smoke ring on the outer layer of the burger. Everyone seems to love it and comes back for seconds!

Comment

I did a bacon wrapped smoked pork and beef meatloaf
            that was the bomb

Comment

Found a recipe for smoked meat loaf that I have been wanting to try.

Comment

I smoked some Sunday then put them on the grill after it got the smoke flavor

Comment

How do u smoke a meatloaf I'd like to try it

Comment

Esp (daddy0) aunt czechgrubworm any ideas

Comment

Originally posted by Sweets Patak View Post
                      How do u smoke a meatloaf I'd like to try it
                      I think that I printed the recipe and will try to find it so that I can pass it along.

Comment

I have a smoked venison burger recipe that was “discovered” through a series of mishaps and events beyond my control. Once this recipe was discovered, it became the number one request whenever the smoker was fired up. Nobody misses the party when this is on the menu. I’ll not go into how it was discovered, but I will share the recipe. It is top secret, so don’t tell anyone, and definitely don’t let this get out on the internet.
                        Ground venison- we usually use more than expected in the hopes of having some leftovers
                        Chop up an onion and mix with the ground meat. We use a white onion. You can vary the amount of onion based on your taste. More onion means looser burgers, but that’s not an issue.
                        Then mix in some spices. I use jalapeno salt, garlic powder, Tony’s…whatever sounds good.
                        Form the patties, and wrap each patty with two pieces of bacon. Use the cheapest, thinnest bacon you can find.
                        Then on to the smoker, about 225 degrees for 1.5 to 2 hours.
                        I then top my burger with queso cheese dip. (regular old Velveeta and Rotel) You can use any cheese, or none at all. It just so happened that we had queso dip handy the first time we tried this, and it just so happened that it was amazing. Then get a fork. No one has ever used a bun for these burgers, it takes to much time to actually get a bun.
                        You can experiment with several variations on this recipe, add chopped jalapenos, garlic, adjust spices, different types of bacon (although thin is better) and maybe different types of wood for smoking. And don’t forget to hide a few for later, I think they improve overnight in the fridge.

Comment

GregoO - your secret is safe with me. Thanks..

Comment

I just happen to have some venison from this year that is ground. I guess now I will have to try this out. Thanks for the recipe, your secret is safe with me too.

Comment

i thought that was how you cooked hamburgers.

Comment

Working...
                              X