Super Bowl Menu.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Bowl Menu.....

I smoked up 3 racks of baby back ribs along with some atomic buffalo turds.
    Everything turned out really good!
    I can provide details if anyone is interested.

What is a atomic buffalo ****

Comment

jalapeno cut in half, seeds removed. some were filled taco meat wrapped in bacon while others were filled with cream cheese with a little smokie stuffed in the cream cheese wrapped in bacon. That's where the atomic buffalo t*** comes from in referrence to the little smokie.

Comment

I always love to hear recipes that are yummy. Tell us about the ribs and how you cooked them for your party.

Comment

Looks awesome...

Comment

These were the best ribs I've ever smoked...hands down.
            The day before, I took them out of the cryovac package and patted them dry with a paper towel. Then removed the thin layer of tissue on the bone side of the ribs. It pulls off easily if you use a paper towel to grab it. Then applied some worchester sauce (which helps hold the rub on...acts as a binder) and finally my rub. I use Oak Ridge BBQ rub and it's the real deal. Brisket or ribs...doesn't matter. It's good stuff.
            Let those ribs sit in the fridge overnight.
            On the day of the cook (yesterday) I took the ribs out of the fridge and let them sit on the counter for an hour or so....let them get to room temperature. At 11:30 am I started my smoker. I use Royal Oak lump charcoal along with hickory or apple wood chunks. It usually takes my smoker about 20 mins to get to the desired temperature. At high noon, I put the ribs on....always bone side down. For baby back ribs I use a 2-1-1 method. The ribs will sit in the smoke for 2 hours with the smoker temp around 250-275* (eventhough mine ran a little hotter yesterday for some strange reason). After 2 hours I lay out a double layered sheet of foil.....on the foil I cut up a half a stick of butter and place each little chunk of butter along the length of the foil where the meaty side of the ribs will lay....on the butter I drizzle honey....sprinkle brown sugar...and lastly a good dose of tiger sauce (it's spicy). I lay the ribs meat side down on all of that. Now I do the same thing on the bone side of the ribs. Next wrap them up super tight in the foil. Back on the smoker MEAT SIDE DOWN. The purpose is to let the meat cook in all the goodness. After an hour or so...maybe 90 mins. I'll take a peek and see what's happening. If the meat is beginning to pull away from the bone, which is what you want, then they are ready to come out of the foil. If no meat is pulling away from the bone on the ends, wrap them back in the foil and let them sit. Mine were all pulling way so I took the foil off. Be very careful because there will be a TON of juice in that foil and it's scalding hot! Discard the juice and foil. Ribs go back on the smoker, bone side down for another hour. When you know you're about ready to take them off, about 30 mins prior too, if you feel it's necessary, lather them with your fav. BBQ sauce. I used chipotle honey. I like my ribs so there is a bit of a tug to get the meat away from the bone....but the meat comes off the bone clean. I don't like my ribs to be fall off the bone. If you want them to be fall off the bone tender, just leave them in the foil a little longer.

I adjust the time on 2-1-1 each and every time I smoke ribs. That first deal could be 3 hours but never less than 2. When they are in the foil, they could be in there for 2 hours but never less than 1. That last hour is just to firm them up a little bit and finishes them off perfectly in my opinion.

Comment

Whew wee that looks good. I made Brisket and smoked venison shoulder. Came out good. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391461151.079367.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	24284612Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391461162.826655.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	24284613

Comment

Nice! That smoke ring on your brisket is unreal!

Comment

Working...
                X