Chocolate Eclair Cake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chocolate Eclair Cake

Just started making this for the first time for the Superbowl this evening... looks to die for. I'm going to bring it to a party so will have plenty of opinions to report back on!

Chocolate Eclair Cake

1 cup water
    1/2 cup butter
    1 cup flour
    4 large eggs
    1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
    1 large box (5.1 ounces) vanilla instant pudding
    3 cups milk
    1 8 oz. container cool whip (you won’t use the whole container) or one batch of homemade whipped cream
    chocolate syrup or homemade chocolate sauce

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 400. Lightly grease a 9″X13″ glass baking pan.
    Eclair Crust: In a medium saucepan, melt butter in water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in flour. Mix in one egg at a time, mixing completely before adding another egg. Spread mixture into pan, covering the bottom and sides evenly. *If the sides of your pan are too greased you won’t be able to get the mixture to stay up the sides so make sure to just lightly grease.

Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown (Mine only took 25 minutes.) You may want to check it occasionally-you don’t want to overcook the crust, it will ruin the cake! Remove from oven and let cool (don’t touch or push bubbles down).

Filling: Whip cream cheese in a medium bowl. In separate bowl make vanilla pudding. Make sure pudding is thick before mixing in with cream cheese. Slowly add pudding to cream cheese, mixing until there are no lumps. Let cool in fridge.When the crust is completely cooled, pour filling in.

Top with layer of cool whip however thick you want it and serve with chocolate syrup. *If you want to make this even better use homemade whipped cream.
    Attached Files

Yummmmmmmmmy

Comment

I'm going to try this one!

Comment

Definitly will try this one with the homeade whip cream! I made spicy whisky bbq sliders and peanut butter fingers (a favorite) for the game.

Comment

That right there is directly in my wheelhouse!!! I will make this one very soon? Thanks for the recipe.

Comment

OMG!!! I have to try this one for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Mmmmm cake.

Comment

Man that looks good...

Comment

It was really good and really easy! The crust could have been more consistent (read: I should have smoothed it out evenly) but short of that it was awesome! I bet with a homemade whip cream and a real fudge sauce it would be insane. Tasted just like an Eclair

Comment

Wow.

I just copied and pasted this recipe for future use. Looks easy AND delicious.

Comment

We tried it tonight with sugar free pudding, sugar free Cool Whip, and sugar free chocolate syrup. It was very good. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Working...
                      X