chocolate gravy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chocolate gravy?

I was reading a amish cookbook it had a recipe for chocolate gravy? I have never heard of it? and I don't think my heart could take it. anyone every try it?...Chocolate gravy
    Ingredients:
    3/4 cup of sugar
    1/4 cup of flour
    1/4 cup of cocoa powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    2 cups of milk
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 tablespoon of butter

Method:
    Mix together in a pot the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt and cinnamon (can sift if it’s too lumpy). Add the milk and while stirring cook on medium heat until it thickens. Stir in the vanilla and butter and serve immediately with biscuits.

I thought you were talking about this, "Chocolate Soup"
    Duck Soup (Czarnina) Recipe

"This is an old Polish recipe that was used at Easter time. This recipe is traditionally served with home made noodles. If desired the fruit can be removed, leaving broth to serve with noodle. If you do not know where to purchase a duck, contact a local farmer or butcher. If you prepare your own poultry be sure to add 1/2 cup vinegar to duck blood to prevent coagulation."

1 (4 pound) wild duck, whole

4 cups duck blood

8 cups water

1 teaspoon salt

1 stalk celery, cut into 2 inch pieces

1 sprig chopped fresh parsley

1 cup heavy cream

5 whole allspice berries

2 whole cloves

16 ounces pitted prunes

1/2 cup raisins

1 tart apple - peeled, cored and chopped

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1 tablespoon white sugar

salt and pepper to taste

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

Check All Add to Shopping List

Directions
    Last edited by White Falcon; 01-26-2014, 07:25 PM.

Comment

I thought you was talking about Mole... now, I still ain't sure how mole is made!

Comment

Originally posted by Dudlbugr View Post
        I thought you was talking about Mole... now, I still ain't sure how mole is made!
        lol no that's not this. but do love a good CHICKEN MOLE!

Comment

I've had it and its nasty.

Comment

I've been eating this stuff since childhood (or a version of it). Never thought it strange till I started to have friends over to spend the night. Now in our 30s, THEY all make it for the kiddos. Great Sat AM breakfast. Not bad reheated at the deer lease BTW!!!

Comment

My kids love it. Tastes like hot chocolate pudding to me.

Comment

Grew up eating it. My wife makes on special occasions for me like Xmas morn. Have some left over from last Saturday in the fridge that I will start my week with tomorrow am.

Comment

eat something similar on pancakes, and it is AWESOME.

Comment

My wife makes it for the kids at breakfast sometimes. Its a little to sweet for me, but the kids love it.

Comment

My aunt always made it for us. It's a family tradition now. Very easy to make.

Comment

I too grew up on the stuff in Oklahoma. When I get together with my older brother and sister we will always make some on Sat morning.

Comment

I grew up eating chocolate gravy and biscuits. The first time I made it for my wife she thought it was crazy. But she tore it up and asks for it all the time now. Lol. If you like chocolate, you'll like chocolate gravy.

Comment

i grew up on it also.i made some this morning for my grandson he loved it.

Comment

I grew up eating chocolate gravy and biscuits. My brothers and I would go to school with a sugar buzz.

Comment

Working...
                              X