Any good back strap recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any good back strap recipes?

Got my back strap in the freezer, and i wanna try something new with it. Anyone have any good recipes that theyd like to share? Thanks

sure hard to beat chickenfried

Comment

I've seen it stuffed and smoked before and that looked killer. Look in the recipe section here

Comment

Tons of awesome recipes in the 'recipe' forum.

Comment

I have a backstrap thawing right now - I'm going to try the coffee rub recipe posted a while back

Comment

I've looked on here and found the pepper crusted one and a few others, but I was just seein if anyone had anything else

Comment

My brother makes like Beef Wellington out of his, I'll see if i can track down his recipe, but if its already cut for chicken fry it probably won't work.

Comment

Butterfly it. Spread cream cheese, diced jalapeno, chopped fresh cilantro, three slices of bacon, and your favorite seasoning (I like Montreal stake seasoning or hawg rub). Roll it up, place three strips of bacon around outside and tie with twine. Wrap in foil and put on grill. Low heat for one hour. No need to turn.

Comment

Take a flat blade knife and run through the center of the strap and rotate to make a cavity. Cook crab (imitation is ok) and onion in skillet with butter, salt, pepper and garlic. Suff back strap with crab and onion and wrap with bacon. Cook over low heat on grill untill bacon is done. Pour dijon mustard on top and enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by switchbackxt View Post
                    Take a flat blade knife and run through the center of the strap and rotate to make a cavity. Cook crab (imitation is ok) and onion in skillet with butter, salt, pepper and garlic. Suff back strap with crab and onion and wrap with bacon. Cook over low heat on grill untill bacon is done. Pour dijon mustard on top and enjoy.
                    X2! Did this last week.

Comment

Might try some of those preciate it fellas

Comment

Working...
                      X