rabbit stew???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rabbit stew???

anyone have any ideas on cooking rabbits these are farm raised NOT wild rabbits. p.m. me with suggestions

Farm raised is a different breed from ranch rabbit. You should bake or BBQ it. Stew would be good but baked would be killer...........

Comment

I wish I did

Comment

headed out tomorrow in fresh snow with my recurve to shoot "at" a few bunnies

Comment

Fried

Comment

salt, pepper, carrots, onion, in a slow cooker

Comment

Rabbit and dumplings, just sub the rabbit in for the chicken.

Comment

I like to roll them in seasoned flour . Brown them in a little oil . Make sure they are browned well . Remove the rabbit and pour off the oil but not the crumbs .put the rabbit back in the pot and get it hot again . Pour in some water and simmer for about a hour . You may have to add a little water as you go . At the 30 min mark put in some patatoes and carrots . Simmer until carrots are done . Serve over rice ..

Comment

Originally posted by txfireguy2003 View Post
                  Rabbit and dumplings, just sub the rabbit in for the chicken.
                  I second that!

Comment

I put the farm raised ones on the pit liek a brisket, bu only 1.5 hrs then cover and stuff with diced veggies, douse in honey, and wrap for another 2 hours. You pull all the bonees right out, and it really good eating.

Comment

A recipe for a traditional German rabbit stew. From southern Germany, this recipe has rabbit, onions, lemon, capers and sour cream.

Great website. I tried this recipe the other night. It's good

Comment

We used to BBQ farm raised rabbits when I was young......Man they were good

Comment

Best tame rabbit recipe I have ever tried was from Paul Prudhomme, Fried Rabbit with Hot Mustard Sauce. That stuff is absolutely killer and need to make some again soon.

Comment

Just use all Rabbit..........compliments of Chef John Folse

Rabbit and Squirrel Sauce Piquante
                            PREP TIME: 2 Hours
                            SERVES: 8

COMMENT:
                            Sauce piquante, or peppery sauce, is a stew-like dish of French origin in Louisiana. It can be made with seafood, domesticated meats or wild game. Tomato is added to the dish to give it a slight rusty color. Although called peppery, the sauce has just the right touch of spice.

INGREDIENTS:

1 rabbit cut into 8 pieces
                            1 squirrel cut into 8 pieces
                            1 cup oil
                            1 cup flour
                            1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
                            2 cups chopped onions
                            1 cup chopped celery
                            ½ cup chopped bell peppers
                            2 tbsps diced garlic
                            1 (10-ounce) can Rotel tomatoes
                            1 (16-ounce) can whole tomatoes
                            1 quart beef stock
                            2 tbsps sugar
                            salt to taste
                            black pepper to taste
                            cayenne pepper to taste
                            ½ tsp oregano
                            2 tbsps Worcestershire Sauce
                            ½ cup sliced green onions
                            ¼ cup chopped parsley

METHOD:
                            In a heavy-bottomed Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Season rabbit and squirrel using salt and peppers and sauté until golden brown. Remove from oil and keep warm. Add flour to pot and, using a wire whisk, stir until dark brown roux is achieved. Add onions, celery, bell peppers and garlic. Sauté 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are wilted. Add tomato paste and continue to stir 5-6 minutes or until the sauce is a nice brown color. Add tomatoes and beef stock. Blend well into the roux mixture, bring to a rolling boil and reduce to simmer. Add meat, sugar, salt and peppers. Blend well. Add oregano and Worcestershire. Allow to simmer 1 hour or until game is tender. Finish with green onions and parsley. Serve over a plate of steamed white rice.

Comment

Working...
                            X