Dry age steaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry age steaks

I saw the post the other day about the vacuum seal bags that age steaks so I bought some and a prime rib today. Here's a pic of it on day one I'm goin to go 21 days. I'll try and remember to post pics has time progresses.

If I am not mistaken what you are doing is wet aging rather than dry aging.

Comment

Hummm.....might want to read about how to dry age.

Comment

Drybagsteak.com take a look.

Comment

Vaccuum sealed will NOT age that beef one bit. The practice os "Aging" beef or any meat is to allow the bacteria to slowly grow and naturally tenderize the meat. If it is sealed in a vaccuum there is NO Air getting to it, thus no chance for the "Aging" prcess to take place.

You can promote any product you want to sell through the internet. Not discrediting the site, just adding my thoughts from experience as a Journeyman Meat Cutter..

Comment

Next to the beer and above the bacon...I like your style

Bought some as well, will be posting soon after they arrive.

Comment

tag

Comment

Subscribed to this. Interesting

Comment

I'm gonna fallow this. All that I know about dry aged steaks is worlds apart from this.

Comment

This video shows how to dry age without spending money on the special bags. Those are special bags at the UMAi site that do allow a dry age spoilage to take place. Wet age is in standard vacuum bag and dry age is in a temperature and humidity controller refridgerator. I think the bag is an extra expense and time you don't really need.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc1ReOqdlGs&list=TLJeA7W8Ge10oeexvB2K1GTog bs5J2jb3a"]How to Dry Age Beef at Home Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

waiting on the results

Comment

Following

Comment

Sorry for the long delay guys but it didn't turn out too well. Started off great and after a couple of weeks the color was looking good then my fridge went out on me and wouldn't keep it cool enough so I started to see lil mold spores on it and was forced to through it out. I'm goin to try another pretty soon ill post it up when I do.

Comment

Ouch, that would be a tough hit.

Comment

Following

Comment

Working...
                              X