Bone Marrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bone Marrow

Anybody cook and eat bone marrow? If so, how did you cook it? I'm planning on roasting some in the oven soon. What I would really like to try is cooking the whole femur on campfire coals? Has anyone tried that? If so, how did you get to the marrow after cooking? Break the bone? Saw? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

your house is going to smell real NICE

Comment

You sure?

Comment

Have a saw ready. I would roast it in the oven, sea salt and toast points.

Comment

Originally posted by BBBGP View Post
          Have a saw ready. I would roast it in the oven, sea salt and toast points.
          Do you get them from a butcher?

Comment

Read a article in a magazine where they were using leg bones from buffalo. They would saw them long ways and broil the marrow while still in the bone

Comment

Originally posted by Duzy View Post
              Do you get them from a butcher?
              Yes, you can have the butcher cut them for you. about 3 inch each works great. It would be much easier.

Comment

why?

Comment

Why would you eat that when there is all that meat on a animal

Comment

Originally posted by gig one View Post
                    It's the adventure I guess. I love trying new things.

Comment

Originally posted by gig one View Post
                      This

Comment

The guy on meat eater made some the other night and it looked amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Duzy View Post
                          Anybody cook and eat bone marrow? If so, how did you cook it? I'm planning on roasting some in the oven soon. What I would really like to try is cooking the whole femur on campfire coals? Has anyone tried that? If so, how did you get to the marrow after cooking? Break the bone? Saw? Any info would be appreciated.
                          Used it to make some pemmican one time. Dig it out of the bones, render slowly in pan, and pour the melted fat over pounded jerky and dried berries, roll into bite-size balls and enjoy!

Comment

I like marrow boiled and roasted. Get it hot enough so it is cooked and seasoned accordingly, then scoop it out, and eat it. Straws work good for long bones, Singapore-style, it is huge over there.

Heck, I even eat the marrow from Popeye's chicken thighs on 2-fer-one-Tuesdays.

If you roast a whole femur, the marrow will shrink and suspend in the middle of the bone. You will have to smash the bone apart to get to it all. It is worth the effort.

The first person to roast bone marrow direct on the coals was a caveman. It is still yummy. Do it. Sprinkle salt on it if you can wait 2 seconds before you eat it.

Comment

Are you that hungry?

Comment

Working...
                              X