Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never had a dove that tasted good. How do you do yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never had a dove that tasted good. How do you do yours?

How do you cook your doves?

Well I just tried a different way the other night and everyone approved!!
    Mixed allegro game tame with mustard and habanero Tabasco.
    Let them soak over night turning whenever you think about it.
    Wrapped them in bacon and stuffed a trappeys slicked jalapeño. And grilled till bacon was done.
    One of my favorite ways now for the dove.
    Also I do a buffalo style duck that I will soon try on the dove also.

Comment

Chicken fry

Comment

Bacon wrapped with what ever you like on the inside.

Doves are very good eating.

Comment

Originally posted by Shooter View Post
          Bacon wrapped with what ever you like on the inside.

Doves are very good eating.
          X2

Comment

Cook just til the bacon gets done or they will get dry fast.

Comment

I cut the breast meat off the bone and then stack; one piece of dove, a slice of cream cheese, another piece of dove, a slice of jalapeño, another piece of dove then wrap with bacon and stick a couple of toothpicks to hold it all together. Then put about 20 wraps in a pie plate or whatever and pour zesty Italian dressing over the top. Let them soak for a coupe of hours in the refrigerator. Then grill them. Had a party with a bunch of people over who had never had dove and they loved them.

Comment

Take garlic and your favorite seasoning put it in a baggy with water cover the dove and put in freezer for 3 months or so take out season your flour up and deep fry.Soaks the seasoning in very well friends of mine did not like dove till they try this. Also like the bacon and cheese just takes a lot of prep time bye yourself. I also remove meat from bone

Comment

I've always done the bacon wrap.......NO LONGER!

Fillet the meat from bone, about 20 breasts, so 40 fillets. Soak the meat in just enough soy sauce to coat the meat about 1/4 cup. Then add to the meat 1 cup of brown sugar. Chop several pieces of bacon into 1 inch or smaller pieces and begin to fry with onions, and a few jalapeño slices if desired. Bell peppers will work as well. When the bacon is about "chewy done" dump in the meat and mixture. Cool until the meat is done, and remove the meat so not to over cook it. Allow the sauce to reduce and caramelize. Return the meat and stir. Serve over a bed of rice and it will knock yo socks off.

Comment

Get a muffin pan and spray it with pam.

Next cut a slice of pepper jack cheese about 1/8"thick or so. Put the slice of cheese in each cup of the muffin pan.

Next put a dove breast.
                    Then put some of the garlic spread (pictured below) on the dove breast.(Start with a small amount and work from there. Getting the right amount will take some time)

Next a slice of onion and a slice of jalapeño.

On top of that put about a 2" piece of thick sliced, peppered bacon!

Its better to cook it in a pit with a real fire but a gas grill will work. Cook it at about 250-300deg (not directly over the fire)until the bacon is done. Remove it from the heat and let it cool for just a couple of minutes.

Then stick a toothpick into it, swirl it around so you get all the cheese on it and enjoy!!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	dove.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	24244970

Comment

Slice jalapeno in half lengthwise. Scrape out seeds. With each half:
                      Pack with cream cheese.
                      Sprinkle with seasoning salt.
                      Place dove breast on top.
                      Sprinkle with Fiesta Rib Rub.
                      Wrap with maple-flavored bacon, secure with toothpick.
                      Lay out in greased (use PAM) cookie sheet or pizza pan.
                      Sprinkle again with Fiesta Rib Rub.
                      Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.

Tadaaaaaaaaaaaaa. By the way, always set aside a few for yourself, because these will get gobbled up so quickly you won't have time to get any.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruark View Post
                        Slice jalapeno lengthwise. Scrape out seeds.
                        Pack with cream cheese.
                        Sprinkle with seasoning salt.
                        Place dove breast on top.
                        Sprinkle with Fiesta Rib Rub.
                        Wrap with maple-flavored bacon, secure with toothpick.
                        Lay out in greased (use PAM) cookie sheet or pizza pan.
                        Sprinkle again with Fiesta Rib Rub.
                        Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.

Tadaaaaaaaaaaaaa. By the way, always set aside a few for yourself, because these will get gobbled up so quickly you won't have time to get any.
                        Best piece of advice. My dad and I always eat our share straight off the grill before we take them inside for everyone else. lol

Comment

I have done the whole wrap in bacon with cheese and jal., but batter and fry them once wrapped. A lot of work, but tasty.

Comment

Tagged for reference.

Comment

like any game meat, field dress and cool as quickly as possible. I used to hate fish I caught cause I let them stress in warm water. Now I kill them and put them on ice immediately. Tastes better no matter what when you take care of it after the kill.

Comment

Working...
                              X