Fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fish

What's the best kind of fish to cook Or smoke on the grill. Wanting to try some today! Also any recipes would help!! Thanks

Grouper

Comment

Snapper!!! Stuffed and seared.

Comment

Options are open in Houston. If you are buying from a grocery store I would stick with mahi, salmon, or tilapia for the grill. If fresh from a seafood market, red snapper or mahi. Salmon needs only a brushing of olive oil, and a small amount of seasoning like a basic creole and do not over cook it. I do not use a foil boat on salmon either. Tilapia or snapper I will use a foiled boat. Oil the fish lightly, season w/ salt and pepper, and grill until it begins to flake. At that point I put fresh pico with a good amount of lime over the fish and let it sit for a few minutes more. I will cover it w/ montery jack or jalepeno jack cheese just 1 minute before pulling it off. Serve this over a bed of rice made w/ the same pico, chili powder, and salt. Mahi is grilled and just basted w/ melted butter, processed w/ jalepenos, salt, and cilantro (butter is green). Grilled lightly like salmon with no foil boat.

Comment

Chilean seabass

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
            Options are open in Houston. If you are buying from a grocery store I would stick with mahi, salmon, or tilapia for the grill. If fresh from a seafood market, red snapper or mahi. Salmon needs only a brushing of olive oil, and a small amount of seasoning like a basic creole and do not over cook it. I do not use a foil boat on salmon either. Tilapia or snapper I will use a foiled boat. Oil the fish lightly, season w/ salt and pepper, and grill until it begins to flake. At that point I put fresh pico with a good amount of lime over the fish and let it sit for a few minutes more. I will cover it w/ montery jack or jalepeno jack cheese just 1 minute before pulling it off. Serve this over a bed of rice made w/ the same pico, chili powder, and salt. Mahi is grilled and just basted w/ melted butter, processed w/ jalepenos, salt, and cilantro (butter is green). Grilled lightly like salmon with no foil boat.
            gonna try this soon!! thanks

Comment

Carp, lay it on the grill with lemon pepper and seasoning salt then cover with cowchips. Cook for one hr. then throw away the carp and eat the cowchips!

Comment

Sheepshead grilled is fantastic especially with garlic lemon butter and it will have a slight oyster flavor! One of my favorites to grill when I get them.

Comment

Cobia, ling, lemon fish, what ever you want to call it. Back when I used to spearfish, I tried snapper, grouper, redfish and cobia was the best. It's firm and can be sliced about 1/2 inch thick and grilled with lemon pepper and butter. You can flip it with a spatula.

Comment

Grouper or Salmon

Comment

Working...
                    X