Venison roast.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venison roast.

Took a roast out of the freezer last night to cook today. First dredged in flour and salt and pepper and browned the roast in a heavy cast iron Dutch oven with oil, some onions and garlic. Drained the oil and added some venison stock to the pot and put in the oven at about 325. Let set for an hour or two. Take out and add carrots and potatoes and jalapeños. Let go until the veggies are cooked. Mmmmm will be ready soon. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21370295943.715258.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	24968218

I like mine in the Crockpot on low for eight hours. Potatoes, Onions, Carrots, Celery and Cajun Seasoning! OMG!

Comment

Hard to get that deer roast tender for me.

Comment

It's always turned out realllll tender for me. Low n slow. Also wait to put the veggies in so they don't get soggy while the roast gets tender

Comment

Sounds like a great easy and yummy recipe! Going to give a try this fall! All out of roasts in the freezer!

Comment

Looked good. We cook venison roasts in the slow cooker with onions and garlic then serve with brown rice and brown gravy.

Comment

GR5.....Get a large crock pot ! I can put a whole Hind Quarter of deer or hog in a Large and small crock. Season Your meat the way Ya like and cook on high for 10 to 12 hrs and then low until ready to eat. I promise it will be so tender it just falls apart.

Comment

makes me hungry just lookin at it

Comment

Working...
                X