Took my new Cajun Microwave for a ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took my new Cajun Microwave for a ride

I was invited to go make a hunt with a friend in Fla. this past weekend and to bring my Cajun Microwave to roast a few pigs that had been hanging around a trap of his. We caught 7 in it Thrusday night and took two to roast. I injeceted them with some Cajun Injector Creole garlic butter marinade and rubbed them down with Tony Chachere's cajun seasoning.

Last edited by firecapt186; 01-21-2013, 10:32 PM.

Did you build this? I have been thinking about making one. Would like to see pic with lid on. Looks good....and bet it was.

Comment

Killer groceries right there !!

I definitely approve brother

Comment

nice... i have one also and what i do is i get a hog and place it over a cabrito and forget about it for 4 hrs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun Slim View Post
          Did you build this? I have been thinking about making one. Would like to see pic with lid on. Looks good....and bet it was.

I bought it. I wasn't pleased with the coal pan that was on it and had a friend buld me the one thats on it. I'm not too happy with the lining on the box either, it's alum. rolled roof flashing, the drippings leak from all over the bottom. I needed a microwave in a hurry and didn't have much time to shop and the guy had a good price on it. I will be building a new solid welded liner insert for the bow next and changing the wood top to all metal. I prefer the all metal tops, to help tranfer the heat to the box better.
          If you know someone that has a CNC and can get them to make the top and box liner, the rest is pretty simple to build.

Comment

For the win! Old man in Kingsville I lived next door too had one. If it was a major holiday I was asked to prep the guest of honor to dinner (I had a sticking knife ) if it was a hog.

Easter when I lived next too him was the only time I'd eat lamb, holy crap they're good in one of those!!!

Comment

I approve, that looks really good

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                Killer groceries right there !!

I definitely approve brother
                ^^^this^^^

Comment

Looks awesome

For those inquiring about a CM.

Here is a a pretty good source.....

Comment

tagged

Comment

Interesting, this is how the Mexicans in south Texas cook their Cabrito (baby goat). I think they call it a death oven in Spanish or something.

Comment

I have since changed the liner out and made a one piece drop in tub type and it helped the way it cooked tremendously. I still prefer cooking with a piece of tin and hanging the pig, you get the smoke flavor in it.

Comment

I have been to mexico for cattle shows and they would cook whole chickens and veggies and different foods for us with these!

Comment

Working...
                          X