• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im Drooling now

Comment

How do I get that blazed?

Comment

Looks good but I would not be able to get past the plain artichokes with oil and vinegar.

Comment

Hey Blake!!!

I have been waiting to try this recipe, I finally did it. My wife and I love it. I turned out great, I only changed one thing. I just couldn't put any TC on it. I BLAZED it. Man it was good! Thanks for sharing.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Blake's Artichoke Bread.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	24024185

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie6Delta View Post
            I have been waiting to try this recipe, I finally did it. My wife and I love it. I turned out great, I only changed one thing. I just couldn't put any TC on it. I BLAZED it. Man it was good! Thanks for sharing.
            [ATTACH]279671[/ATTACH]

glad you liked it brother as artichoke bread is the shizzle with gumbo, chili, carne guisada , or whatever

Comment

going to try

Comment

That looks awesome, I'll have to try it!

Comment

Fify

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                  Let's start off with the ingredients:

1 loaf of french bread
                  8 ozs. (1 cup) of seasoned Italian bread crumbs
                  7.5 oz jar of artichoke hearts in oil/water
                  4 ozs. (1/2 cup) of grated Parmesian cheese
                  8 ozs. (1 cup) of extra virgin olive oil
                  juice from 1 large lemon
                  1 tblspn minced garlic
                  1/2 tsp onion powder
                  1/4 tsp cracked black pepper corn
                  1 tblspn dry parsely flakes
                  1/4 tsp Tony Chacheries cajun seasoning
                  8 oz bag of shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese
                  sliced jalapeno peppers

prep time around 15 minutes
                  total cooking time around 20 minutes
                  above ingredients will cover 1 whole loaf, sliced into 2 peices
                  servings: around 8-10 people (18-20 sliced 1" peices)

Mix the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl : bread crumbs, parmesian cheese, onion powder, cracked pepper corn, parsely flakes, and Tony Chacheries cajun seasoning.

Then drain the water/oil and finely chop the artichoke hearts into tiny peices. Then add the following ingredients into the bowl : chopped artichoke hearts, 8 ozs. (1 cup) olive oil, minced garlic and squeezed juice from the lemon. Mix thoroughly as bread crumb mixture will get thicker from the oil. Almost the texture of grits.

Then slice the french bread loaf into 2 halves length-wise. Generously spoon the artichoke/breadcrumb mixture onto the bread as it should be 1/2" thick.

Add shredded cheeses on top of bread crumbs, and lightly sprinkle a few pinches of dry bread crumbs and more black pepper on top. Add jalapenos if desired.

Pre-heat oven to 325* degrees (bake). Place bread on baking sheet or aluminum foil, and place into oven for 12-15 minutes. Then select "broil" for 2-3 minutes until cheese lightly browns.

Cut/slice bread peices about 1" across (kinda like a finger sandwich) and serve with your favorite meal : pasta, soups, gumbo, steaks, red beans and rice, chili, etc.... ENJOY !

cb <*)))>{
                  You forgot to add the minced garlic. I love garlic and I got finished and thought, WAIT A MINUTE, so I added it on top to save the day. I bet it will be better with it mixed in next time. I am gonna make something to eat with it tonight, probably chili, since it turned COOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie6Delta View Post
                    You forgot to add the minced garlic. I love garlic and I got finished and thought, WAIT A MINUTE, so I added it on top to save the day. I bet it will be better with it mixed in next time. I am gonna make something to eat with it tonight, probably chili, since it turned COOL!
                    Thx for the save C6D I rarely use recipes anymore as I just make it happen in the kitchen

yep, gotta add the garlic .... as much as you like and plenty of it

Comment

Working...
                    X