Need Recipes for Axis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Recipes for Axis

I need some recipes for Axis sliced shldr and Axis ham steak! Thanks!

Cook it any way you like to cook venison or beef. It's great just grilled, but it's lean so you have to add some bacon or butter or olive oil or something to keep it moist. And don't cook it much more than medium rare.

For a quick one, put a little olive oil and butter in a skillet and heat it up. Add a shot of cooking wine if you have it. Cut the axis cross grain intol 1/2" thick pieces. Rub in some sea salt and Ragin' Blaze on both sides. Toss it into the skillet. When the edges start to turn grey, turn them over and cook the other side. When it's cooked on both sides with a still purplish center, pull the medallions out and place them on a paper towel or two to soak up the oil. Eat up.

Comment

Battered and fried with taters and gravy. MmmmmMM!

Comment

Axis chili. I used Ragin Blaze chili mix the other weekend with some ground axis it was purely awesome. Add some sour cream and cheese on top.

Comment

Need to try this out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
            Battered and fried with taters and gravy. MmmmmMM!
            This! Anything is good fried but you just can't beat fried axis!!

Comment

The only way I've ever cooked it is cut up into small pieces and wrapped with small pieces of bacon, with a little seasoning and drizzled with melted butter, grilled. Holy smokes.

Comment

Are the small pieces you guys are cooking backstrap, or can you use other parts of the animal?

Comment

Working...
                X