Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They used to have a season on them in LA

Comment

Big brass thanks for the tip. I won't be passing them up next season. Didnt this year seem like the year of the coot? We were covered up with the little "live decoys" all season.

Comment

Originally posted by martin20 View Post
        I have been eating ducks for a many years now and i dont think ducks have that gamie flavor that everyone talks about. Anyway i take mine out from the freezer once thawed out i will let em soak in cold water for a few hours or so and let some of the blood be pulled out from the breasts and drain off and repeat till i am ready to start preparing them for the grill.

Start off by taking one side of the duck breast and fillet open
        after that is done take a half of a jalapeno without seeds and fill with cream cheese or what ever kind of cheese you desire put the jalapeno face down on the filleted open breast and fold up then wrap up with bacon and put on a good hot grill open flame. Know heres the trick to cooking ducks alot of people dont know how to cook them and thats when you here "it tastes like liver" well i have never eaten one that tasted like liver so with that being said cook them till the bacon has a good caramalized look and the meat is medium to medium rare and the cheese and jalapeno are all done at the same time and o by the way forgot to tell you to season with what ever spices you want to after wrapping them up in. Serve with ice cold beer and enjoy.
        Let me know what you think about them after you try and also wood ducks are the best eaten one in my opinion.
        I had duck like that yeaterday and it was awsome. I always heard ducks were bad so I had not ever ate them. I will eat them anytime cooked like that.

Comment

DUCK GUMBO....MMMMMMMMM.

Duck and Rabbitt Gumbo....DOUBLE MMMMMMMMM.

Comment

Working...
          X