Dove recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dove recipe

Here is a little something in case you are wanting to try dove other than with jalapeno and bacon on the pit....... nothing wrong with it that way, but this is a good one also.

12 dove breast deboned
    1- medium onion chopped
    2 tbl spoons of butter
    1- can ( 10.7 oz ) cream of celery soup
    1- can ( 10.7 oz ) cream of mushroom soup
    1/4 cup milk
    1- can ( 4 oz ) mushrooms ( optional )
    2 tbl spoons of oregano
    1 tbl spoon thyme
    garlic salt
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 1/4 cup of sour cream

*** option- to add a little kick replace the garlic salt with Tony's or your favorite cajun seasoning.

Arrange dove breast in a 11 x 7 baking dish and dust with garlic salt
    saute onion in butter. Add remaining ingredients to onions except for sour cream mix well and bring to a simmer. Pour mixture over dove and cover with foil. Bake at 325 for 1 hour. Add sour cream and mix well. Bake uncovered an additional 20 minutes at 325. Serve over rice or noodles.

Enjoy.

Have a recipe very similar to this one. Going to have to try this one. Mine involves bone in doves and cream of mushroom soup.

I think the most important step to eating dove or any other feathered critter is to brine them for at least six hours before cooking. 1 gallon of water, 1 cup salt and 1 cup of sugar.

Comment

What's the big deal with the salt, water and sugar?

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol&Pearls View Post
        What's the big deal with the salt, water and sugar?
        Helps meat stay moist while cooking and enhances natural flavors. I brine just about everything.

Comment

went dove hunting yesterday wish I got the birds to try the recipe

Comment

take your seasonings and cover your dove in seasoning and water and freeze for a month or so take them out and chicken fry them do not cook to long or the game flavor comes threw and they get a little tough Julios seasoning and garlic is good seasoning i have alot of freinds who do not like dove but cooked like this they cant get enough

Comment

going to try this recipe too

Comment

Will be cooking this tomorrow. Got everything bought today..........will be replacing dove with teal...........because I shot more teal than dove this year

Will report back tomorrow

Comment

Bought done cookin.

I replaced 12 dove for 6 teal cut into thirds
                  And replaced sour cream for a healthier plain greek yogurt

Comment

Working...
                  X