Too Spicy!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too Spicy!!!

Cooked up a dish my son-in-law sent me, mainly shredded chicken with spicy sauce. My wife can't eat it. I can...with plenty of cold beverages while sweating! Any suggestions how to tone down the heat (not "drink milk, beer, etc")? I've heard mixing in some sour cream would help.

Thanks

sounds like my kind of dish, what is it

Comment

Less spicy sauce??

Comment

Too Spicy? Is there such a condition?

Comment

Share recipe please. Sounds like a good dish.

Comment

add rice or potatoes.

Comment

Make another batch without the spicy sauce (maybe substitute broth) and mix the two batches together. You can always freeze it if you end up with too much.

I've also heard that Peanut Butter works. Add a little at a time until you get it cooled to the point where she can eat it.

Or serve with Sour Cream, lots of Cheese and Guacomole.

Good luck.

Comment

Sounds good the way it is, post it up!

Comment

Pretty simple really. Note that eating on a po boy roll takes a lot of the "spice hot" out of it (as opposed to shoveling it straight from the crock pot into the mouth):

4 chicken breasts (thawed)
                  1 jar of Hooters sauce HOT
                  1 packet of powdered ranch dip mix

Combine in crockpot for 5 hours on low. Shred with forks. Mix back up for another 1-2hrs on low to get the juices mixed into the meat. Serve on buns with ranch or bleu cheese dressing and your favorite side!

I loved it...wife still whined about the heat! She ended up boiling a couple more breasts and "cutting" it into hers.

Comment

Dang, how big was the jar? Maybe use a 1/4 jar then add a can of mild rotel.

Comment

My wife makes this, she uses franks red hot or Louisiana hot sauce not the Hooters. Great dish.

Comment

use Hooters sauce regular or mild???

Comment

Working...
                        X