Need a recipe for Pulled pork!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a recipe for Pulled pork!

I want to make some pulled pork in a crock pot, something i can throw on before i go to class in the morning and by the time i get of work in the evening be done! Simpler the better but taste above all else!

Thanks!

I've used a McCormick's slow cooker pulled pork seasoning mix. Follow recipe on packet, I think it calls for ketchup, brown sugar, and cider vinegar. In my area I've only found the seasoning packet at Walmart. I've now found another brand at H.E.B, but havn't tried it yet (maybe tomorrow). The mcCormicks turns out pretty good. I received rave reviews from my Firefighter coworkers when I fixed it at the station. Of course some of them will eat just about anything. I did roughly 8-9lbs. for nine people served in buns, and had virtually no leftover. Most times for our guys that quantity to people ratio will leave enough leftovers for lunch the next shift.

Comment

McCormick's is a good rub, but I smoke mine.

Comment

The day before, rub the pork with a dry rub. Then put in crockpot and cover with root beer, cook on low 8 hours. Soda breaks down and makes it extremely tender. Drain and pull. Use your choice of BBQ sauce.

Easy and good.

Comment

I use the "Crockpot pulled pork-super easy" recipe I found on this forum posted by innergel. Add a little Sweet Baby Rays....YUM!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AllyMay View Post
            The day before, rub the pork with a dry rub. Then put in crockpot and cover with root beer, cook on low 8 hours. Soda breaks down and makes it extremely tender. Drain and pull. Use your choice of BBQ sauce.

Easy and good.
            This.

Rub and root beer!

Comment

For my feral hog, I take a boned shoulder, and throw it in a bowl with Salt Lick's Lauren Sauce, a chopped red onion, olive oil, and a good dousing of liquid smoke. I let that sit overnight and in the morning pour it all into the crock pot. After about 9-10 hours, I pull the meat out and pull it apart and mix in more Lauren Sauce. Good stuff.

Comment

Take the meat place it in crock pot. Add 2ltr bottle of dr pepper and some tonys Cajun seasoning, a few garlic cloves and cook on high for 8 hours. When it starts falling apart drain off the liquid and pull the pork and then add the BBQ sauce. It turns out great!!

Comment

Simple and delicious.
                  Originally posted by TMoe View Post
                  I've used a McCormick's slow cooker pulled pork seasoning mix. Follow recipe on packet, I think it calls for ketchup, brown sugar, and cider vinegar. In my area I've only found the seasoning packet at Walmart. I've now found another brand at H.E.B, but havn't tried it yet (maybe tomorrow). The mcCormicks turns out pretty good. I received rave reviews from my Firefighter coworkers when I fixed it at the station. Of course some of them will eat just about anything. I did roughly 8-9lbs. for nine people served in buns, and had virtually no leftover. Most times for our guys that quantity to people ratio will leave enough leftovers for lunch the next shift.

Comment

buy a box of Liptons onion soup mix and follow the recipe on the box. We have adjusted to use a little less vinegar and adding bbq sauce for half of the ketchup. Easy and tasty.

Comment

Been a long time since I haven't just used the smoker, but I used to put it in the crock pot, add a little bit of liquid smoke, some salt and pepper, and about 3 or 4 inches of water in the bottom of the crock pot. Cook on low all day. Pull it apart and sauce it with your favorite bbq sauce (I used sweetbabyrays with some cider vinager added) then serve on a hawaiian roll with some coleslaw.

Comment

Working...
                      X