X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll take mine neat please and thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Yardboss View Post
      One of my favorite ways to use my wild turkey meat is to make roll ups.

You will need toothpicks, turkey meat, onion, bacon (I like to use the maple flavored), and San Marcos sliced jalapeno peppers(sliced NOT nacho sliced).

First off, I soak the toothpicks in water before I get started to help keep them from burning.
      Next, I cut the turkey breast into strips, sometimes the breast is very thick so you will have to slice it in half.

Then I cut my onion into chunks that can fit across a piece of bacon.

I cut a rack of bacon in half and now I'm ready to put the roll ups together.

I lay a piece of bacon on a cutting board then top it with a piece of turkey, a slice of jalapeno and a slice of onion. Roll this up and insert a toothpick to hold it together.
      Grill them watching closely so the bacon doesn't burn. When the bacon is done they are ready to eat.
      Enjoy
      I am ready...these are soooo good

Comment

q-all
        This is how I do my venison wraps so I tried it with turkey and wild hog and it is my most favorite way to eat wild game.

Comment

Makes pretty good jerky!
          Salt, pepper, garlic powder, brown sugar, cayenne pepper and teriyaki sauce.

Comment

I did 2 birds a couple weeks ago that came out great.

Breast the birds. Soak in a brine of brown sugar, kosher salt, onion powder and Adolph meat tenderizer. Mix it with hot water, than dump ice cubes to cool. Poured I to big zip lock Baggie and soaked 3 hours. Washed breasts, dried with paper towel and rubbed 2 with Cajun seasoning, other 2 no seasoning.

I used propane water smoker over apple chips, most of the time 175-185, max was 200 at the end. They were pink I side after 3 1/2 hours so I went to 4. Refrigerated and served cold thinly sliced to look for any remaining turkey shot I missed when breasting out.

I served this at a Thanksgiving event with 100+ people in Cali, many had never tried wild game.and they loved it.

Comment

Cut into nuggets-Roll in flour with a little salt, pepper, and cornmeal mixed in. Fry it just like you would fry fish. Excellent.

Comment

1 apple vinger 1 veggie broth 1 cup kosher salt and some honey one bottle,soak for 48 hours and smoke under 200 degrees for 12 hours last put in oven for 1 hour and a half covered.

Comment

Chicken Fry!

Comment

Dont overdo it with the 7-up or the lime, a little goes a long way.

Yep""

Comment

Dont overdo it with the 7-up or the lime, a little goes a long way.

Yep""

Comment

Working...
                      X