Brisket???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket???

Just wanting some new ideas for mop sauces and wondering what internal temps you all would call done off of the smoker..
    My typical sauce is :
    1 beer
    8-10 cloves of garlic
    1 lemon split squeezed and added whole.
    rosemarry sprig
    1/2 cup vinegar
    1 stick of butter
    salt and pepper
    Boil for a while and then use about once an hour while cooking for about 5 hours.

Sorry, I don't mop. SOunds pretty tasty though. I pull the meat off the pit at 190 degrees and then wrap and put in a cooler for a few hours to let the juice reabsorb into the meat.

Comment

No moppers here?
      What about rubs. Care to share?

Comment

I use a rub from Texas BBQ Rub. Great stuff.

Comment

Comment

I use the Head Country Rub. Cook until 185 and cooler for at least 90 minutes.

I will cook them directly on the grate for about 8 hours then I put them in a Aluminum pan until 185.

Comment

I use McCormic Sweet and Smokey rub for my brisket. Makes a great crust. then I smoke it dry, fat up. Never need to mop. Do you mop for flavor or moisture?

Comment

Fiesta brisket rub and add some white pepper. Gotta have the white pepper.

Comment

Originally posted by TexAg2002 View Post
                  I use McCormic Sweet and Smokey rub for my brisket. Makes a great crust. then I smoke it dry, fat up. Never need to mop. Do you mop for flavor or moisture?
                  To tell the truth I have never been sure mopping is necessary.
                  I have a good friend that got his masters at UNC in the folk life studies. One of his major papers was on BBQ. He spent 6 months traveling around NC, SC and GA getting up at 2 in the morning to hang at different places with pit masters. He is the one that got me on the mop sauce. As we all know they are not known for there brisket in that part of the country but they still turn out some dang fine meat.
                  I am going to try just rub on my next brisket and see what I like more.
                  I also need to let my brisket ride more. I have been pulling them off of the pit at about 170 degrees. Sounds to me like that is a little low?????

Comment

http://www.adkinsbbq.com/Western-Sty...ADS-WSB-16.htm

best brisket rub on the market. I've won several BBQ comps with this stuff.

Comment

Adams Brisket Rub, Kosher Salt and Black Pepper is all you need. Brisket Rub first, coat it pretty good all over. Kosher Salt all over. Cover the Brisket pretty heavy layer with Black Pepper. Cook over indirect heat with the fat side up, never turning it. Cook it a least 10 hours (12 hours would be better). I spray it with plain on Apple juice about every hour. I do not wrap the brisket in foil until I take it off the pit. I wrapped in foil and let it set there for about an hour. After that slice it across the grain and serve. You will not be disappointed!!!

Comment

My rub is as follows

1/2 cup Paprika
                        1/4 cup Kosher Salt
                        1/4 cup Cracked Black Pepper
                        1/4 cup Cumin
                        1/4 cup brown sugar
                        1/4 cup white sugar
                        1/4 cup chili powder
                        2 tsp cayenne

this will make enough to cover a 12-15lb brisket

Comment

Originally posted by kylebryan View Post
                          http://www.adkinsbbq.com/Western-Sty...ADS-WSB-16.htm

best brisket rub on the market. I've won several BBQ comps with this stuff.
                          This is what I use.

Comment

Search for "Final Table Birsket" thread

Comment

I don't mop a brskett

Comment

Working...
                              X