Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

suggestions for antelope backstrap...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suggestions for antelope backstrap...

I didnt really look to see if there are any recipes for preparing antelope backstrap on here but I figured I'd ask you guys what you like to do with it...

Lightly pound it, flour and fry... Yummy

Comment

Do you mean antelope as in african or indian critters? Or do you mean the Pronghorn? If its pronghorn, uhhhh, mix plenty pork and make sausage. My step dad lived in Wyoming for 19 years. I tried it several times. Edible but not all that great. If you find a good way to cook em plz let us know.

Comment

I think it tastes great. It makes the best chili n my opinion.
        Here's my favorite way to cook Pronghorn.

Dice 1 large onion.
        Mince 4 cloves of garlic.
        Sautee them in some olive oil.
        While sauteeing the onions n garlic add flour, salt, n pepper to taste to a bag. Mix up n drop the meat in and coat very generously. Fry n pan with onions n garlic until your desired temp. Allow the onions n garlic to turn black. Delicious.

Mac

Comment

Originally posted by GR5 View Post
          Lightly pound it, flour and fry... Yummy
          Hmmmm!!!

Comment

anyone else? how do you like to prepare your venison backstrap?

Comment

Originally posted by wlo11 View Post
              anyone else? how do you like to prepare your venison backstrap?
              Slap Ya Momma Seasoning, flour, hot grease!!!

Comment

so it sounds like i just need to bread em and fry these suckers up....

Comment

the few times ive had it i pressure cook it in a good wine with some vegetable and some good spice for about 20 mins, then throw them on the grill to give it a little better flavor. but its a goat so its hard to make an old goat good .

Comment

Butterfly it take some jalepenos, cheese and wrap it with bacon and grill it.

Comment

I'm eating some right now. Medallion cut, Ragin Blaze, bacon salt.....dropped in a skillet with some hot olive oil and butter. Don't over cook it.

As good as any wild game I've ever tasted.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                        I'm eating some right now. Medallion cut, Ragin Blaze, bacon salt.....dropped in a skillet with some hot olive oil and butter. Don't over cook it.

As good as any wild game I've ever tasted.
                        I think ill try this one...thanks

Comment

Will,
                          I butterflied mine and stuffed with jalapeno/cheese, wrapped in bacon, and grilled slightly.

The key thing here will be if you got it on ice asap after a quick kill. If not, you can forget it.

WE both loved lope better than elk, deer, or oryx so far.

Comment

wrap in bacon with candied japlenos in the middle smoke over peacan wood.

Comment

For antelpoe backstrap I cut about 1' or a little bigger and wrap with bacon. I also Inject with pinapple juice and the some blaze on the outside.

Comment

Working...
                              X