Blackberry Recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackberry Recipes?

If you had a seemingly endless supply of blackberries, how would you put them to use? Give me some recipe ideas.

We just moved to WA back in June, and our house sits on 2.5 acres, of which about 1.5 acres is blackberry bushes (briars). They are loaded with berries and are just starting to get ripe. We've been picking 3-4 gallons a day. Already canned berries, froze berries, froze juice, made jelly, made cobblers. Even started making blackberry lemonade.

Tonight my wife made some homemade Blackberry Habanero BBQ sauce and put it on some chicken. Also grilled some fresh onions and zucchini. That stuff was aweome. Gonna make a few more batches and put it in jars. Just wondering what other creative uses we can find for them. Hate to see them go to waste.

Also got an apple tree in the back yard that's loaded, and almost ripe. Plus a couple of cherry trees that did pretty good this year, so we made a bunch of cherry jelly/jam, and cherry/jalapeno jam.

I hate being out away from TX, but....Man'O'Man...life is good here. Had to chase the deer out of my yard a few times. Just waiting for Sept 1st for bow season to start.
    Attached Files

Look up blackberry vinaigrette salad dressing. Its pretty awesome.

Comment

Wine

Comment

LOL, I don't have the know-how or stuff to make wine, but it had crossed my mind.

I'll definitely look up the vinaigrette as my wife loves those types of dressings. I'm a Ranch or Bleu Cheese guy.

Comment

really tasty blackberry cobbler!
          give it a try

Ingredients
          1/2 stick butter, melted, plus more for greasing pan
          1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar
          1 cup self-rising flour
          1 cup whole milk
          2 cups fresh (or frozen) blackberries
          Whipped cream and/or ice cream, for serving

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 3-quart baking dish with butter.

In a medium bowl, whisk 1 cup sugar with the flour and milk. Whisk in the melted butter.

Rinse the blackberries and pat them dry. Pour the batter into the baking dish. Sprinkle the blackberries evenly over the top of the batter. Sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar over the blackberries. Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 1 hour. When 10 minutes of the cooking time remains, sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar over the top. Top with whipped cream or ice cream . . . or both!

Comment

Working...
          X