Cheesy Grits To Die For

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheesy Grits To Die For

Been looking for and trying different recipies. This stock recipe is just excellent.
    I put Pepper jack on top instead of Parm - and made half of the recipe for 4 people so it cooked in 45 minutes. You are looking for a firm dish..
    This eats like souffle, and next time I may add sausage on the bottom and jalapenos in the mix.
    Follow the recipe the first try. This version will feed 8 folks.

Enjoy:

Ingredients
    1 quart milk
    1/2 cup butter
    1 cup uncooked grits
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon white pepper
    1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
    1/3 cup butter
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
    2. Bring the milk to a boil in a pot over medium heat. Melt 1/2 cup butter in the boiling milk. Gradually mix in the grits, and cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper. Beat with a whisk or electric mixer until smooth. Mix in the Cheddar cheese and 1/3 cup butter. Transfer to the prepared baking dish, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
    3. Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, until firm.

I've had grits about 15 different ways and haven't had any bad ones yet.

Might as well throw this one in the mix.

Comment

I'll surprise my guys with this one. However, I have no clue what you would serve this with. Help a Brit out... how would you serve this?

Comment

Last night I did Prawns on a very hot Barbie, with a nice crusty bread on the side.

Comment

Prawns, haha. Haven't heard that for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedmaster View Post
            I'll surprise my guys with this one. However, I have no clue what you would serve this with. Help a Brit out... how would you serve this?
            Crawfish etoufee' over the top of them

Comment

Originally posted by firecapt186 View Post
              Crawfish etoufee' over the top of them
              Now you're talking!! One of my fave dishes. I may be a Brit, but I make a mean étouffée. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

Working...
              X