Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Best way to cook wild turkey breast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to cook wild turkey breast?

What's the best way in your opinion to cook deboned wild turkey breast? Anyone ever try to cut it into smaller pieces and fry it like deer meat? I don't have a deep fryer... Bake it? Smoke it?

Yup, fry it like backstrap.

Comment

Chicken fry in a skillet, cream gravy and rice!

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
        That I can do! Same way though, flour, eggs and cut into 1" thick or so? Ragin Blaze?

Comment

Fried like backstrap !!! Mmm good

Comment

I knew I shouldn't have opened this..I'm hungry now..lol

Comment

I've tried several reciepes but I always come back to this: soak over night in buttermilk, cut into strips and chicken fry with cream gravy. (sounds like others around here feel the same way!)

Comment

Turkey is a healthy meat, so half flour, half Louisiana spicy fish fry, then fry in Bacon grease. That will offset the healthyness and taste great!

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                  Louisiana spicy fish fry,

▼Or This!▼

Yup, cut it into "chunks" so it'll cook easier and go further. Season with Ragin Blaze & Black Pepper, egg wash, Seasoned flour and fry up in peanut oil. Cream gravy and get after it!!
                  Don't forget the Blaze!
                  Last edited by TUCO; 04-16-2012, 06:06 PM. Reason: Cookin' with THE BLAZE edit....☺

Comment

Originally posted by Cuz View Post
                    That I can do! Same way though, flour, eggs and cut into 1" thick or so? Ragin Blaze?
                    Yup, cut it into "chunks" so it'll cook easier and go further. Season with Ragin Blaze & Black Pepper, egg wash, Seasoned flour and fry up in peanut oil. Cream gravy and get after it!!

Comment

cut into bite size cubes, season with RB, brown meat in pot with bacon grease, add onions, garlic, celery, bell pepper , cook down, add deer sausage , tasso, smoked paprika, 1Tbsn roux, 1 Tbsn tomato paste, 1 chopped jalapeno, 4 cups chicken stock, 3 cups of rice .... bring to boil .... cover then turn heat on low ..... 20 minutes later JAMBALAYA

Comment

Love some fried wild turkey! White gravy & biscuit's. That's a meal.

Comment

Soak in buttermilk overnight, dry, salt and pepper bring to room temp, make a glaze with maple syrup, cayenne to taste, little bit of grated Ginger and garlic in a small pan, smoke breast with maple wood glazing regularly with maple syrup glaze until done.

Comment

Thanks fellas! I'll try a few of em!

Comment

crockpot.. cream of muchroom soup, jalepenos, onions, spices.

Comment

Working...
                              X