smoked filet mignon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smoked filet mignon?

has anyone had a go at this? anything at all? bacon wrapped? stuffed with cheese, flash cooked first then put on a slow heat for ***x hours? making my own smoker. want to try different things after the bugs work out. we know a place that can supply filet mignon at a price to cheap to pass up twice. and never tried a hand at slow smoked. salmon has no fat and is great smoked. give up the tried and true if you can. will be weeks before the pit is ready to see fire. but thinking this way helps pass the time. thanks.

I have a Bradley electric smoker and have smoked filets in it. Smoked for 3 hrs at 250 degrees and they turned out great.

Comment

i've smoked 8-10oz filets (bacon wrapped) at 200 for 90 minutes and then finished on a hot grill with good results.

Comment

When I smoke filet's I use half mesquite and the other half pecan. The key is low steady temp around 225-250. 3 hrs does the trick. If you've got a gas grill, crank it up before and sear them about a min on each side before smoking them. The thickness of the meat around 1-1/2". I just sea salt and coarse black pepper them w/ a little olive or sunflower seed oil. Good luck with the smoker. Show us some pics when it's done!

Comment

I've heard the Big Green Egg will turn out some incredible smoked steaks.

Comment

Working...
          X