Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Chicken Drumsticks/Legs - Grilled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken Drumsticks/Legs - Grilled

Anyone have a quick/easy recipe for the above? I am grilling some drumsticks for dinner and want to try something different. Normally I put either italian dressing or bbq sauce on my chicken. I was hoping to try something equally easy, but different.

Soak in big red or dr pepper. Then baste with the marinade. Sprinkle on a little garlic or onion salt, and u r golden.

Cv

Comment

Sounds good. Thanks.

Comment

I hunted with a friend this year and we had some chicken legs and he said he had a good way to cook them. So, I said have at it. He cut slits cross grain to the bone, then about half way through put BBQ sauce on them and let it carmelize slowly. I don't know what it is about the slits, but that's the only way I do it now...good stuff.

Comment

Try this and you'll be hooked for life. It's a fajita marinade that works fantastic for grilled chicken.

8 cloves of Garlic (minimum, I use a lot.)
          2 Tbsp of Worcesterhire sauce
          1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
          1 Tbsp of Kosher salt.
          1 Tbsp red chili powder
          Juice of 1 lime (minimum)
          2 tsp of fresh ground pepper
          1Tbsp of ground cumin (minimum, I use a lot)
          2 tsp of onion powder
          Cilantro, chopped. To taste, I use at least ½ -3/4 of a bunch.
          ¼ cup of of olive oil
          3 tsp of red chili sauce
          2-4 minced Chipolte peppers. Usually stores carry this pepper canned in an Adobo sauce.

Put all the ingredients in a blender or small food processor and pulse until it makes a nice semi think paste. put most of the marinade and chicken in a big ziplock bag and marinade for at least an hour (2 or 3 is better and overnight is best) then grill. I usually reserve a little marinade to baste the chicken with during the last 15 minutes or so.

Comment

That sounds very good boomer. I will try that. I bet it would be great on pork too.

Comment

My wife puts salt, pepper, and garlic powder and a pickled sliced jalapeno under the skin and then bakes. Super Easy and gives it a great take.

Comment

I use different rubs but this is what you need to do chicken legs with

I love this thing...
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bily Lovec View Post

I love this thing...
                  very cool...where did you get that?

Comment

Hey Bily.. Where do I get one of those racks at? Those look tasty!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bily Lovec View Post

I love this thing...
                      I need one of those!

CB

Comment

Originally posted by czechgrubworm View Post
                        Oh I can't wait to try mine.. I just ordered one of those yesterday from cabelas.

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/produ...out/basket.jsp
                        Gracias! I may have to get one if those.

Cb

Comment

amazon had them for less than 20 bucks so i had to order one. cruising recipe threads is getting expensive, another site mentioned making homemade mayo with an antique wesson oil "mayonaise mixer" jar that looked pretty neat. had to go hunt one down on ebay and order that too.

Comment

Working...
                          X