Scimitar oryx taste ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scimitar oryx taste ?

Anyone out there ever eat oryx ? Wondering how does it taste and ways to cook it . I just got a nice oryx and am anxious to try it . I like axis and elk as my favorites and wonder if this will be like they are .

I just shot one a few weeks ago and it is awesome-2nd best to elk in my opinion. Had some steaks and a lot of grind.

Comment

Well the people in africa think they taste awesome, better then snakes.
      They still got snakes, but no more oryx. they must taste good.:-)

Comment

They are fantastic. Better than axis in my opinion

Comment

Amazing. On the grill with some hog rub.

Comment

Any goat taste?

Comment

Originally posted by bowmech View Post
              Any goat taste?
              No, they aren't a goat.

Any oryx species is very mild flavor, and darn good. They are grazers, and closer related to a cow than deer, and tastes that way too.

Comment

Originally posted by bowmech View Post
                Any goat taste?
                They're an antelope not a goat.

Comment

Shot one about 4 weeks ago. Best by far, wild game meat I have ever eaten period !!!!! I like it better than whitetail, axis, elk, pronghorn, hog, javalina, black bear, blackbuck, duck, quail, dove, basically anything i have tried is not as good as oryx. we have fried it , baked, burgers with ground, spagetti with ground, vegy soup with ground... really good !!!!!!

Just my opinion. I heard that buffalo and gemsbok are better but have not tried either one.

Comment

had some sausage from one and it taste like jimmy dean pan sausage to me, maybe just the way it was seasoned, but it was good!

Comment

Working...
                    X