Smoked Tenderloin??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Tenderloin??

I want to make a smoked tenderloin, but i really dont know how to do it. Can someone please give me some ideas. I am talking about the smoked dried tenderloin that you can buy at a smokehouse or something.

Thanks

Pork Tenderloin

What you need
    Pork Loin
    Bacon
    Boudin
    Pepper Jack Cheese
    Seasonings

1) Slice down the middle of the tenderloin as to create a "spot" for stuffing
    2) Season with your favorite rub - (I use natures seasoning, black pepper, and julios seasoning) inside and out
    3) Cut the casing off of the Boudin
    4) Fill the "spot" with the Boudin and cover with pepper jack cheese
    5) Wrap the loin in bacon
    6) Place on smoker (250 degrees) with direct smoke for 1.5hrs
    7) Wrap with foil after smoking for 1.5 hrs at 250 degrees
    8) Place back on pit for another 2.5-3 hrs keeping the heat between 240-265 degrees

Remove and enjoy

These pictures are all I have to help you right now. This is from when I cooked last. Next time I do it I will do a step by step for you. First picture is with my ribs and wrapped loin prior to cooking and the second picture is after the 1.5 hour smoking time just before wrapping. I hope this helps!!!
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by southerndraw View Post
      I want to make a smoked tenderloin, but i really dont know how to do it. Can someone please give me some ideas. I am talking about the smoked dried tenderloin that you can buy at a smokehouse or something.

Thanks
      Those are generally "cold smoked". It's a completely different curing/smoking process from BBQ and regular smoking. I hot smoke beef tenderloins all the time just like a brisket...dry rub, cook low and slow (around 210), and pull off and rest at 143.

You can google "cold smoking" and it explains the process.
      Last edited by cosmiccowboy; 03-01-2012, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Looks delicious!

Comment

Working...
        X