bbq help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bbq help?

whats the scoop on some meat temperature? pit at 225 everything going good meat temp comeing up slow. hits 130 and bang!like it just stop cooking? took me a hour more to get to 155? it came out good. but way to much time?thanks

what where you Qing??

Comment

4lb pork loin

Comment

The thicker the meat the longer it takes for the heat to reach the center. Bet it was well worth that extra hour. C'ya

Comment

That's the dreaded pause. Wrap the meat at that point and it will push through. Once it hits 150 or so you can unwrap if you need more smoke taste.

Comment

hmm pork loin...i usually take that up to 165-170 crank the pit up a bit...but i think your ok

Comment

What art475 said is correct. As I recall 165 is the magic number on pork. You wanna make sure those nosee 'ems are gone. C'ya

Comment

I think it has something to do with the temp at which the fats render. Everything is going good, bringing up the temp of the "meat" stedily, until a lot of fat becomes liquid and that changes things. I have no evidence to support that theory, it's just what I think, and I didn't stay at a holiday inn express last night, but I have smoked more than my fair share of meat.

Comment

Working...
                X