Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Lemon Crinkle Cookies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lemon Crinkle Cookies

I made these cookies on Saturday. Everyone was tired of anything with chocolate in it so I figured I would try something different. These cookies didnt last long! I have had this recipe for awhile but I changed it up a bit and added more lemon juice than lemon zest. It depends on how much lemon you like.

Lemon Crinkle Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
    2 cup granulated sugar
    1 teaspoons vanilla extract
    2 eggs
    1 ½ to 2 teaspoons lemon zest
    2 to 2 1/2 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    3 cups all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder

3/4 cup powdered sugar

Heat oven to 350

Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy then add Vanilla, eggs, lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix together well then add dry ingredients except the powdered sugar

Once everything is mixed together scoop dough and roll into balls (I use a cookie scoop) and roll the ball in powdered sugar. Place balls on lightly greased cookie sheet and bake about 8 to 10 minutes until the edges start to brown. Let sit on cookie sheet for 1 to 2 minutes then remove and place on a cooling rack.

I added a little extra lemon juice (2 ½ -3 tablespoons) so I needed to add a little extra flour (1 Tbs.) If dough is really sticky add a ½ tablespoon of flour at a time but be careful not to make it too dry.

I ended up with about 4 dozen cookies.

I always place my cookies in a container with a slice of bread. It help keeps them moist and fresh so they don't get hard and crunchy. When the slice of bread gets hard throw it away and put a soft slice in with the cookies.

I need to make something besides chocolate chips cookies for my gf's daughters. This, I will try. Thank you, G!

Comment

Working...
    X