Mom's Day Meal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mom's Day Meal

Bacon wrapped venison fillet & asparagus with beurre monte sauce.
    Just about perfection if I say so myself.

Dang!! That looks good!

Comment

Ain't got an ounce of a clue what beurre monte sauce is but Id eat it

Comment

I only recently discovered buerre monte sauce when I had it, Cajun style, over shrimp at my favorite restaurant in B/CS. While I still prefer the lemony bite of lemon that should be in every Hollandaise sauce (and often isn’t), I am fascinated by the concept of using a buerre monte for poaching shrimp and fish and I love how easily it assumes the flavors of any seasoning added to it.

I’m still trying to knock of the Cajun Shrimp Buerre Monte I had in B/CS. I’m not there yet but am dogged in my determinando to get there.

Great post, OP.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
          I only recently discovered buerre monte sauce when I had it, Cajun style, over shrimp at my favorite restaurant in B/CS. While I still prefer the lemony bite of lemon that should be in every Hollandaise sauce (and often isn’t), I am fascinated by the concept of using a buerre monte for poaching shrimp and fish and I love how easily it assumes the flavors of any seasoning added to it.

I’m still trying to knock of the Cajun Shrimp Buerre Monte I had in B/CS. I’m not there yet but am dogged in my determinando to get there.

Great post, OP.
          Sounds good. This was the basic with no added seasoning beside salt. My first time to make it and I was happy with it but it definitely would lend itself to lots of additional flavors.

Comment

Working...
          X