Easy Salsa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy Salsa

I saw Scotty's thread on canning salsa and thought I'd share our salsa recipe. I got this recipe off of instagram, so I can't take credit for it. But, it's quick, easy and pretty **** good.

- 2 ten ounce cans diced tomatoes with chile peppers
    - 1/2 a white onion, diced
    - 1 jalapeno, sliced
    - 1 serrano, sliced
    - 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
    - juice of 2 limes
    - 1 tablespoon EVOO
    - 1 teaspoon salt
    - 1 teaspoon pepper
    - 1 teaspoon garlic powder

Throw all the ingredients into a blender and blend until you reach your desired consistency.

If I could tweak it to my personal taste, I'd probably substitute the peno for a habanero or two, but my wife doesn't like salsa to be as spicy as I do.

I hope y'all enjoy
    Attached Files

Sounds good! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

If you use your same recipe. But grill the veggies first over a hot wood fire. I promise you it will change your life forever. 😆

Comment

I make salsa verde similar to that.

In a pan with a tablespoon or so of oil, fry the peppers (however many, type, seeds or no to your desire), 1/2 onion, 4-5 garlic cloves and washed and quartered 5 (or so) tomatillos. I usually get everything charred a bit.

Then blend with salt, lime if desired and a pretty good bit of cilantro and 1-2 avocados, probably adding some water due to the thickness.

ALTERNATE method:

Instead of avocados, add 1-2 calabaza squash to the fry and omit the avocado. Basically a false avocado salsa… like some (most?) restaurants use. The calabaza (or zucchini) has enough water that none has to be added to the blend.

I like it more with the avocado and my wife likes it more with the calabaza.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
          I make salsa verde similar to that.

In a pan with a tablespoon or so of oil, fry the peppers (however many, type, seeds or no to your desire), 1/2 onion, 4-5 garlic cloves and washed and quartered 5 (or so) tomatillos. I usually get everything charred a bit.

Then blend with salt, lime if desired and a pretty good bit of cilantro and 1-2 avocados, probably adding some water due to the thickness.

ALTERNATE method:

Instead of avocados, add 1-2 calabaza squash to the fry and omit the avocado. Basically a false avocado salsa… like some (most?) restaurants use. The calabaza (or zucchini) has enough water that none has to be added to the blend.

I like it more with the avocado and my wife likes it more with the calabaza.
          I have heard that calabaza is used in green salsa to bring down the tartness of the tomatillos. Personally, I have never tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post

I have heard that calabaza is used in green salsa to bring down the tartness of the tomatillos. Personally, I have never tried it.
            It makes a pretty good faux salsa verde de aguacate.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
              If you use your same recipe. But grill the veggies first over a hot wood fire. I promise you it will change your life forever. 😆
              Oh man, that does sound delicious. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Looks great! thanks for sharing!

Comment

Working...
                X