No announcement yet.

Homemade apple pie shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ypu guys should try cooking and fermenting your own apples. Its so much better.

Comment

Glad I saw this!

A guy on our lease makes it and it's great. Gonna get a few batches going for Christmas presents.

Comment

Oh good gracious. Definitely on the list as the next thing this guy will be making!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuy View Post
          lol talk to me about that cherry and strawberry. Anyone have the recipe they wanna post? Looks good.
          Here ya go They are really good

Strawberry is same as cherry pie Just substitute strawberries

Cherry Pie Moonshine

1 32 oz jar cherry juice
          1 can tart cherries in water
          1 can cherry pie filling in heavy syrup
          1/4 cup white sugar
          1/2 liter everclear

Bring all ingredients except for everclear to a boil. Let cool to room temp. Stir in everclear then pour into mason jars including cherries.

Comment

I just read every single post and I'm thinking tomorrow's weather will make for a great day staying indoors cooking all kinds of stuff.

I also put all of the recipes together onto one page. Here it is:

Apple Pie Shine
            Got this from another site and tried it, it's awesome.
            1/2 gal apple juice
            1/2 gal apple cider
            1 cup white sugar
            1 cup dark brown sugar
            6 cinnamon sticks
            750ml Ever clear

Mix all but the Everclear in a pot and heat till it's almost to a boil, to make sure the sugar desolves
            Remove from heat and let cool. Add the bottle of Everclear and pour into Qt. jars and you're done.

PS, it's really good mixed with Vanilla ice cream too

Peach Pie Shine
            ½ gallon (64 oz.) Welch’s White Grape Peach Juice
            1 ½ cups White Sugar
            1 can Sliced Peaches (15-16 oz.)
            3 Cinnamon Sticks
            ½ cup ( 4oz.) Peach Schnapps

Bring this to a boil, then let it simmer covered for about an hour. Let it cool down to room temperature then add the following:

1 cup (8-9 oz.) 190 proof Grain Alcohol, Everclear, Graves, etc.
            ½ cup (4 oz.) Peach Schnapps

You may have to strain this a couple of times through cheesecloth. Now just pour it into some Mason Jars and let it sit for a couple of weeks in a cool dark place. You can drink it right away but the flavor does mellow and taste better.

Strawberry Shine
            mix a jar full of strawberries with ever clear. Leave for a few day. Pour liquid into another jar. Put a cup of sugar in with strawberries. Shake up and let stand in fridge for a few days. Pour liquid into jar of ever clear. Repeat 1-2 more times. Finishing buy pouring strawberries and all into ever clear and let sit 24-48 hrs then get happy.

Cherry Pie Moonshine
            Strawberry is same as cherry pie Just substitute strawberries
            1 32 oz jar cherry juice
            1 can tart cherries in water
            1 can cherry pie filling in heavy syrup
            1/4 cup white sugar
            1/2 liter ever clear

Bring all ingredients except for ever clear to a boil. Let cool to room temp. Stir in ever clear then pour into mason jars including cherries.

Version II
            take any fruit that you have around... Say peaches....
            Put them in a mason jar all the way to the top.
            Do not over fill just fill it full.
            Then fill the jar up with Everclear and let it sit for a few days.
            Shake this jar a couple of times a day.
            Then pour off the Everclear into another jar.
            Keeping the fruit in the original jar.
            Add sugar to the fruit. and close the jar and let it sit a few days shaking up a couple of times a day.
            when you get the syrup at the bottom poor that into the everclear jar.

and repeat this process 2 maybe 3 times. You want to get all the syrup out of the fruit and each time you do this you get a sweeter product.

You will end up with a jar that is full of everclear and fruit juice mix.
            You now have 100% alcohol flavored drink.... you will need to cut this with water to your own strength.
            Save the fruit in the freezer to add to drinks or what ever another time..

Oak Aged
            I have a friend in Alabama that makes the apple version all the time. With some of it that he "ages" he will take a piece of oak (without the bark) and just brown it with a propane torch. Not black burnt like a whiskey barrel just browned to a golden color. He will put a good sized piece in each quart jar and let it sit in his cellar.

I have sampled both versions, the new batch vs the aged. I will say the aged one is a much better product.

Brandy Version
            So I took some cheap brandy that I had bought for cooking. Bottom shelf, far right kind of stuff. Cheap.. Poured it over frozen sweetened strawberry's and let it sit a few days in a quart mason jar. Then poured the liquid into another jar. Keeping the berries in the jar and poured a cup of sugar over them. I let it sit a day or so then poured the juices off into the first jar and repeated the process a second time. After the second time. of juices into the Brandy jar I tested it over ice.. Wow.. it was dang good. And the berries.. Wow.. they were awesome..by themselves. I am going to go back and try this again..
            I am sure I could get some strawberry flavored brandy but this was fun. Kind of like reloading for my guns. I could buy it but man its fun making it...

Apple Pie Wine
            I actually ferment my own applie pie wine (alcohol content of a port... so like 15-17% by volume.) While not a 'shine per se, it keeps you warm at night and goes great with vanilla ice cream.

Ingredients:

Organic Apple Cider from HEB in the glass jugs (can actually just ferment in these...)
            Sugar
            McCormicks Apple Pie Spice Seasoning
            High Alcohol wine yeast.
            Campden tablets.

I ferment these in 5 gallon batches in a 6.5 gallon glass jug. Takes about 1-1.5 weeks for primary fermentation. Rack it over to the 5 gallon jug and finish fermenting till clear. Then bottle.

I've made my own just plain hard cider the same way, just no added sugar (the natural cider gets you 4-5% alc by volume as is.)

The amount of sugar I add depends on the yeast I use and a hydrometer I use to measure specific gravity to know how much alcohol I will get out of the process.

Unlike shine... I can't get it higher than about 17% without distilling... which of course we are not allowed to do without a license.

Comment

Isn't this ILLEGAL and therefore deemed bad on TBH?

Comment

No, because we are not distilling it. It is basically a cocktail.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                  No, because we are not distilling it. It is basically a cocktail.

Okie Dokie.

Comment

Homemade apple pie shine

Time to get our shine on! Me and curt (hcshooter) about to start cooking.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                      Are you serious?

Comment

Made strawberry last night. It will definitely sneak up on you

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post

Dang revenuers came last night. Heard mamma crying, knew something wasn't right. I was heading down to Houston with my weekly load....hope I come back from Copperhead road.

Comment

Homemade apple pie shine

FYI, it is legal to make moonshine for personal consumption meaning distill your own but selling, it is prohibited.

Comment

Tagging to make this later

Comment

Getting hot up in here

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416686891.623569.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	24346918

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416686903.016905.jpg
Views:	1