Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Homemade apple pie shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

made a batch for the 1st time yesterday, turned out great imo, will deffinatly be doing it again

Comment

cookin up a batch right now... waiting for it to cool so i can add the everclear and jar it. How long do yall usually wait to enjoy it? Let it sit in the fridge for a night or dive right in?

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter2989 View Post
        cookin up a batch right now... waiting for it to cool so i can add the everclear and jar it. How long do yall usually wait to enjoy it? Let it sit in the fridge for a night or dive right in?
        You can try it right after it cools but its Alot like chili.....better after it sets a day.

Comment

Keep in mind that heat breaks alcohol down, so wait till it's good a cooled down before adding the 190 proof grain alcohol.

I tried several different ways, leaving a cinnamon stick in a jar, refrigerating it, drinking it with ice, and the best I've found is, letting it cool for several hours or over night before adding the alcohol, taking the cinnamon sticks out just before adding the alcohol, the longer they stay, the more they deteriorate and you get small pieces in the shine.
          I prefer drinking mine at room temp, adding ice waters it down, with some whipped topping added to it.

Comment

I've noticed a few of y'all said that it mellows out the longer it sits.
            I noticed with mine that as time went on, the alcohol taste got a lot stronger. Wasn't quite as smooth as the first few days, but still drinkable.

I also think on my next batch I'll add less sugar. It was almost too sweet.

Comment

Deffinentally gave my crippled butt something to do for a couple days lol.

Comment

Originally posted by jeepntx View Post
                I've noticed a few of y'all said that it mellows out the longer it sits.
                I noticed with mine that as time went on, the alcohol taste got a lot stronger. Wasn't quite as smooth as the first few days, but still drinkable.

I also think on my next batch I'll add less sugar. It was almost too sweet.
                I can't say, mine never last long, not that I drink it, I give most of mine to friends and usually only make a batch just before a party.

Comment

Got some going right now. Only difference in mine from the OP is I'm using Diesel instead of Everclear. Guy at the liquor store said they are the same but the diesel is cheaper. Anybody else use it?

Comment

WE having been making batches for our family Christmas. Makes a great sippin drink for when it is cold!

Comment

Made mine today but I put in slice of apples in it. When it mellows out in few days, remove the slices and drink it.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by stingebow View Post
                        Got some going right now. Only difference in mine from the OP is I'm using Diesel instead of Everclear. Guy at the liquor store said they are the same but the diesel is cheaper. Anybody else use it?
                        I've used both. It really doesn't matter as long as it's 190 proof grain alcohol. I've used the 1 ltr bottles also, just don't have to drink as much.........

Comment

Perfect, glad this came back up. Just in time for the holidays!

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Assassin View Post
                            Made mine today but I put in slice of apples in it. When it mellows out in few days, remove the slices and drink it.
                            So is one of those for me?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                              So is one of those for me?
                              Yes, sir! Need to stop by or you can, either way and get this to you. Got one more for a TBHer as well. Rest, I'm keeping to tide over till Christmas!

Comment

I mixed the drink with lemonade. It was so good that I ended up drinking the whole jar in one day! Lol.

Now trying it with watermelon. So good so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X