Weekend Appetizers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend Appetizers

Pretty sure I`ve posted these before, but I`ll doit it again. Made these a couple of weeks ago and everyone wanted them again this weekend. I realized that the toothpick has room for other items to add on top. Going to get creative next time with the top part of the toothpick. I made 30 this time instead of 24 and they were all eaten. Great poolside snacks.
    1/2 slice of bacon
    1 HEB Crispy/ Tator Round
    1 Slice of Fresh Jalapeno
    1 Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
    Season with whatever you like. I use Fiesta Fajita seasoning and garlic powder.

Do the potatoes crisp up, or jalapenos soften enough? It looks like it could turn into a gooey mess real quick.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
      Do the potatoes crisp up, or jalapenos soften enough? It looks like it could turn into a gooey mess real quick.
      The sharp cheddar cheese does melt, but after cooling for about 10 minutes it will get crispy and break. All the other ingredients cook perfectly fine at 400 degrees for about 35 minutes. A friend of mine made 70 of these on the 4th of July and they were gone in 30 minutes.

Comment

Looks good. Will have to try this. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post

The sharp cheddar cheese does melt, but after cooling for about 10 minutes it will get crispy and break. All the other ingredients cook perfectly fine at 400 degrees for about 35 minutes. A friend of mine made 70 of these on the 4th of July and they were gone in 30 minutes.
          Saved for next weekend. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post

Saved for next weekend. Thanks!
            I`ve decided to use the top of the toothpick to add something else when I cook them the next time. Maybe another Jalapeno, pepperoni, Tator round, slice of onion, a little smokey or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post

I`ve decided to use the top of the toothpick to add something else when I cook them the next time. Maybe another Jalapeno, pepperoni, Tator round, slice of onion, a little smokey or whatever.
              I like this idea

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Looks good! will have to try them

Comment

We don't have a Heb, do you have a pic. of the potato thingys ?

Comment

Looks good but I wonder, doesn’t the cheese melt out when they are baked?

Comment

What is a HEB Crispy/ Tator Round? Like Critter, we don’t have an HEB.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                          What is a HEB Crispy/ Tator Round? Like Critter, we don’t have an HEB.
                          I'm thinking it's a potato chip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

They are bite sized hash browns or like a flat tater tot

Comment

Has anyone tried these on the bbq pit ?

Comment

Working...
                              X