No announcement yet.

Venison Gyros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been a while since I have had these, they are on the menu this weekend, had to look up the recipe on here again. One of my favs!

Comment

Yummy

Comment

Sounds really good

Comment

I will be trying this soon.

Comment

Great idea! Def on my to do list to cook

Comment

Excellent idea. I have a medical condition and venison is about the only meat with a low enough fat content I can eat. I'm going to try this.

Comment

Won't be dry if cooked this method

worthy recipe for a backstrap

- Slice it as thin as you can.(Cuts easiest if still partially frozen) Marinate it in a small amount of olive oil and greek seasoning over night. Stack it onto skewers as tight as you can. Cook over a bed of "hot" coals until the outside is crispy (4 minutes side 1 and 2 to 3 side 2). Amazing how good it is. For vegs - Red onions and mushrooms but I cook them on a separate stick. This way leaves the outside crispy the inside a bit rare and its so tender it falls apart. A buddy of mine just cooked some this way and made them into like a philly cheese steak sandwich said it was crazy good. The key is to not over cook it and get it more to the rare side.

We serve on grilled warm naan bread with the greek cucumber sauce (Tzatziki Sauce)

Comment

Not sure if its an authentic gyro but I make something similar. take a hammered piece of venison let it marante in bag with oregono, lemon juice, kosher salt, course black pepper in a bit of chili powder. grill over oak/ toast pita bread brushed in olive oild with greek yogurt/lemon/dill

Comment

Working...
                  X