Homemade beer sausage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homemade beer sausage

Gonna make some summer sausage, brats, and jerky tomorrow. How do you make beer brats? Would I just use beer instead of ice water when I add seasonings? I'm thinkin about usin some Rhar Ugly Pug. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

If Rhar Ugly Pug is beer just use it inplace of water.

Comment

Shiner brats. yum

Comment

I've always understood "beer brats" to refer to the cooking method, not the ingredients of the brat. Simmer the brats in a beer or two with a big handfull of sliced onions untill the brats are ALMOST cooked through. Remove the brats and finish them on the grill to crisp up the casings a little bit and give them some pretty grill marks. While they are on the grill, continue cooking the onions in the beer until they are cooked way down. If you still have beer left in the pan at this point, drain it and finish the onions with some butter and seasonings (Salt and Pepper, Blaze, Sachere's, or Barnicle Dust will do beautifully. Toast a couple of split hoagie rolls. Put a brat in the bun with some Goulden's deli mustard and top with your onions. THEN open a Rhar Ugly Pug and drink it while enjoying your beer brat.

Comment

Working...
        X