Eggnog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eggnog

I know, I know...a lot of people think "Eggnog? Yuck!", but if you've ever had really good fresh eggnog you know it's some good stuff! It's actually been a few years since I've made any eggnog, and now I can't find the recipe I used. It was really easy, and REALLY good. I've looked at a ton of recipes online, and though many look great, they don't look familiar, like the one I had.

The following recipe looks good, and is also simple. I think I'm going to try it. But the reason I'm posting is to see if anyone has any really good eggnog recipes that they enjoy? If you do, post them up!

Also posting this in the Around The Campfire forum.

• 6 eggs
    • 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
    • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    • 3/4 cup brandy
    • 1/3 cup dark rum (Captain Morgan for best flavor, but Myers is fine)
    • 2 cups whipping cream
    • 2 cups milk

All liquids should be very cold. Refrigerate in advance.

Beat the eggs for 2 or 3 minutes with an electric mixer at medium speed until very frothy. Gradually beat in the sugar, vanilla and nutmeg. Turn the mixer off and stir in the cold brandy, rum, whipping cream and milk Chill before serving. Sprinkle individual servings with more nutmeg.
    If I didn't think my opinion was right, then it wouldn't be my opinion. So, any other opinion must be wrong, therefore stupid.

I should mention I use Bourbon instead of Brandy in mine. That's what my old recipe called for and what I'll use in this one.
    If I didn't think my opinion was right, then it wouldn't be my opinion. So, any other opinion must be wrong, therefore stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudey View Post
      I should mention I use Bourbon instead of Brandy in mine. That's what my old recipe called for and what I'll use in this one.
      Be sure to post an update after you make it with the bourbon. I'd love to try it myself, but I will let you experiment with it.

Comment

Wonder if a batch of this will help my cold?

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
          Wonder if a batch of this will help my cold?
          Grandpa used to drunk warm brandy when he had a cold. He swore it knocked it out. I'm sure it made him feel better at least.

Comment

My brother, here on the forum ESP... made this and loved it...

Comment

My Mom's non-alcoholic recipe is REALLY good.

In a blender:
              4 eggs
              3/4 cup sugar
              2 tsp vanilla
              fill blender with milk, leaving 4" at the top for foam.
              use some Half and Half instead of some of the milk to make it thicker.

Blend it til it gets foamy.

Comment

Working...
              X