Jerky Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jerky Recipe

This is my granddad's recipe and is my favorite. I cook it in the stove at the lowest setting until it is done. It is spicy!

2 tbl spn black pepper
    2 tbl spn Accent (In the spice aisle at HEB)
    2 tbl spn garlic powder
    2 tbl spn onion powder
    1 tbl spn Lowry's season salt
    1 c worstesier (sp?) sauce
    1 c soy sauce
    1/2 c liquid smoke
    1/2 c Tobasco sauce

Like I said, it is spicy but that's how I like my jerky. If you try it let me know how you like it! I've got a batch in right now.

it sounds good. will give it a try next time.

Comment

Is accent a hot spice? my 2 and three year old are totally excited about me getting a deer and want jerky and i saw a recipe simular to this. I personally love spicy anything and will definately try this recipe

Comment

No the Accent is a tenderizer. It does not add any spice to the mix. However, like I said above, the recipe is spicy! My three year old little girl loves it but has to keep sucking on the water!

Comment

Thanks for the recipe!!! Sounds good!!! Might have to whip up a batch or 4 real soon!!!

Comment

looks good brother

i bet you could do 1/4 cup of Tabasco and it would still be spicy

Comment

sounds spicy...but i bet its tasty

Comment

Sounds good. I might make a batch just like you have above because I like spicy, too. But I will also make a batch without the Tabasco for the rest of the family. Ever try Cholula instead of the Tabasco? I used it last year and it made a nice spicy, but also added a salty flavor.

Comment

How much meat do you use?

Comment

I used this the other day and it's good. I skipped the hot sauce so my kids could eat it. This recipe will work for about five lbs of meat. I didn't weigh mine, just guesstimated.
                    It's a good recipe!

Comment

Junior I'm glad you liked it.

Comment

Well, I'm looking to make my first batch of jerky and this recipe looks good. How long are you marinading? I have seen some recipes indicating marinating times of 24-48hrs.

Comment

I marinated my first batch for about 3hrs. It was my sample batch, and really my favorite. I took it out of the marinade, then cracked alot of black pepper on a plate. Rolled the meat in the pepper, then placed in dehydrator. I loved the pepper, but it was too much for my kids. The rest I made kid/wife friendly and crack some pepper on the meat after it was placed on the trays. Still had some pepper, just not enough to discourage the family from eating it!

Comment

How thick do you slice it and how long do you cook it

Comment

I marinated my first batch for about 3hrs. It was my sample batch, and really my favorite. I took it out of the marinade, then cracked alot of black pepper on a plate. Rolled the meat in the pepper, then placed in dehydrator. I loved the pepper, but it was too much for my kids. The rest I made kid/wife friendly and crack some pepper on the meat after it was placed on the trays. Still had some pepper, just not enough to discourage the family from eating it!
                              Nice idea for gettin plenty of pepper on the jerky. I'll have to try that. I think the first batch will go down on Friday. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Comment

Working...
                              X