Crystal Creek June 12-14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crystal Creek June 12-14

We were at Crystal Creek in Del Rio last weekend. We were greeted by our guide Scooter, quite a good man, lots of stories on him and a great person to share a fire with.

The acomodations were awesome, the kitchen, bathrooms, freezers, laundry room, tv and sofa room bbq area, all of them 1st class.

The place has a very neat creek flowing right across the bunk house, fishing and picture taking where quite thrilling activities on it. It really is a very nice place.

The setups are great for bowhunting, all near water holes and trailed areas.
    During the hunt most of us got hogs, rams, sheep... the hog hunters saw a big axis and a couple axis doeas but they were not in the package and us exotics hunters didn't see much action... I got an axis doe with a fawn and a few young-not-at-all-trophy blackbucks. Most of the exotics hunters didn't see exotics at all. None of us saw any aoudad or shooter blackbucks, only one of us got a shot at a young axis buck but didn't recover it. Out of the 9 hunters, most of them exotics hunters, only me and a friend brought a hog back... other than that only air in the ice boxes.

It was all fun though, the place was awesome and we had quite a great time but not much action at the shooting spots.

Here's the link to the bowhunting report...

Pics??

Comment

How many Acres where you hunting? We were down in Carta Valley last weekend. The weather wasn't bad

Comment

Originally posted by stuntriderant View Post
        Pics??
        I got only one pic, check the link above.

Comment

Originally posted by muley4x4 View Post
          How many Acres where you hunting? We were down in Carta Valley last weekend. The weather wasn't bad
          The weather was not bad at all that's for sure... we were hunting maybe a 300 piece of land.

Comment

Originally posted by Br'er_Henry View Post
            The weather was not bad at all that's for sure... we were hunting maybe a 300 piece of land.
            Which piece of property were yall hunting? Was it across the road from the camp house? I will be there july10-12 I hope we see more exotics this year last year they had 10 inches of rain before we got there so nothing was coming in to corn

Comment

Originally posted by Hoyt Man View Post
              Which piece of property were yall hunting? Was it across the road from the camp house? I will be there july10-12 I hope we see more exotics this year last year they had 10 inches of rain before we got there so nothing was coming in to corn

Correct, right accross the road from the camp house.
              Scooter told me about that time back then, he also said there hasn't been any important rain since then.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
              X