Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

DB Hunting Ranch update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DB Hunting Ranch update

Hey all - went to DB Hunting ranch earlier this wk and just wanted to give a report. I've been there 3 times before and know the place pretty well. I had a 13 yr old nephew in town who was dying to go pig hunting, so I took him up there (about 45 mins north of Austin in Bertram). We had an evening and a morning hunt, and saw a lot of pigs. We had 2 groups come in during the evening (kinda surprising since my nephew shot at the first group and didn't seem to spook the next bunch). Also had hogs in the AM hunt. My nephew had a great time and I recommend this place if you want to get some practice in (it caters to bow hunters) or spend some time with your kids.

did he bag anything? if so pics please. Im going next week and have yet to see pics of the ranch or kills( the ones on the site look old). Also, just wondering, out of the ones you guys seen, what size where they as far as weight.

Comment

Just curious. Is there a website?

Comment

website is www.dbhuntingranch.com. It has pics of the ranch, directions, rates, etc. The herds of pigs we saw were typically 50-100 pounds in grps of 10-15. You will defin see lotsa pigs as well as exotics.

Comment

ldp???

Comment

How did y'all do?

Comment

They have a 1 ram and 1 hog hunt for like $375, anybody taken that paackage, how was it?

Comment

ive never hunted there but ive talked to alot of guys that have on here and other forums. as far as the hunting goes, ive never heard anything bad. i have talked to them on the phone a few times and the seem like great guys. their place is on my list of places to go. im looking for a water buffalo hunt and they have a few.

Comment

I hunted there once. Only thing I was bothered with was their website said that ice was included with the skinning fee. I thought their skinning fees were a little high, but I guess that's ok if they provide the ice. Since I was planning on paying them to skin the hog I thought "great, one less thing I have to bring and worry about". Found out the ice machine was broken and from the looks of it (filled with animal skins and skulls) it hasn't worked in over a year. So, be prepared to bring your own ice. And the lodging really is poor. We paid for one day (evening/morning) hunt. Since we both got our hog in the evening hunt we just went home rather than stay for the morning hunt. They don't claim to have a 4 star lodge so that wasn't misrepresented or anything, but don't expect much if you go. The hunting was good though. We had a good time.

Comment

I enjoyed my blackbuck hunt back in April

Comment

Working...
                    X